• Pentium III or equivalent
Macintosh OS X:
• Power Macintosh G3 or G4, Intel
• Must be running OS 10.1.5 through 10.6
• Rosetta must be installed on Intel-based Macs (note that in OS 10.6, aka Snow Leopard, the option to install Rosetta is off by default); Rosetta is not available in OS 10.7 (Lion) or higher, so BRPG will not function in those OSes, barring the use of Parallels or the like, or of an external boot drive running OS 10.6 or earlier. If you would like to help restore full Mac support for BRPG, please support this Kickstarter campaign.
• No native Linux support (sorry!), but many users have reported that BRPG runs just fine in a Windows VM in VirtualBox.
RAM: 256 MB
Hard drive space: 150 MB
Display: 24-bit color
Resolution: 1024 x 768
Internet connection: 56K*
Network card required for LAN-based games
Processor: 800 MHz or higher
RAM: 512 MB or better
Display: 32-bit color
Hard drive space: 200 MB, plus however much you wish to allocate to extra maps, artwork, and sound files to expand your games (1 or 2 GB is not uncommon)
Internet connection: DSL or Cable broadband strongly recommended, especially for the GM*
Tip: The higher your display resolution, the more map you can see at any one time, and the better the graphics will look. Higher resolutions can greatly reduce the amount of scrolling required in a typical game.
* BRPG does not provide internet service. You must provide your own ISP. Bandwidth in BRPG is generally not an issue, except when transferring large maps, sounds, or images, and the software provides a means to deliver content to your players prior to the game session.