BRPG v1.8b released

Battlegrounds Games product release announcements
heruca
Developer

BRPG v1.8b released

Post by heruca » Fri May 17, 2013 6:43 pm

UPDATE 4/3/14:
BRPG v1.8b is now out of beta status, and has become the new official release of BRPG, replacing BRPG v1.7d.

The main features of this update are:
• Added 2x1 square bases for figures
• Text labels can now be edited with a double-click
• Bug fixes

The format for Encounters and Deployments has not changed since v1.8a. The "User Cast.cxt" file has not changed since v1.7d, so copying over the "User Cast.cxt" file from BRPG v1.7d or higher may be a fast and efficient way to preserve your media if you are updating from one of those versions of BRPG.

A "Full Install" of BRPG v1.8b is available on the Downloads page.

For convenience, v1.8b is also available as a patch for BRPG v1.8a. You must already have BRPG v1.8a installed in order to use this patch.

Download:
BRPG v1.8b Patch for Mac & Windows (16.7 MB)

How to "install" this patch: Unzip the downloaded file, then simply move the included files into the corresponding BRPG v1.8a folders, overwriting the existing files when prompted.

Although a ReadMe file with the information below is contained in the v1.8b download, some people might find it useful to see the changes prior to downloading the zip file.

Version History:
v1.8b

• Added 2x1 square bases in all the supported base colors.
• Added 2x1 square status halos in all the supported status colors.
• When exporting a media bundle, the user is now warned if required media assets are missing, and is presented with a list of the names of the missing assets.
• You can now double-click a text label to open the Text Label Editor panel. This should make it faster to edit text labels on-the-fly during a game session.
• You can now right-click on the text field located in the Text Label Editor panel to instantly select the entire contents of the text field. This should allow for quicker replacement of existing text that gets updated frequently, such as when updating a unit's HP (if you choose to track HPs via a text label).
• Text Labels now re-render themselves when loading an Encounter or Deployment.
• It is now possible to disable the "Measure Range" and "Measure Move" commands, by setting the number of units per cell (in the text box located on the Map Settings panel) to 0. Some games (e.g., Chess, or most card games) never require measuring distance, so this new option will help to de-clutter the contextual popup menu in such instances.
• Bug fix: Using any of the following characters when naming a value to track in the Turn Sequencer would result in a "Not a symbol!" error message: +, -, /, *, &, =, [, ], ., <, >, #, ¢
• Bug fix: Addressed some permissions issues having to do with the recently-added Flash functionality.
• Bug fix: An exported media bundle would fail to be compiled properly if any media assets were missing at the time of export (e.g., if you had purged an asset used by the Game File).
• Bug fix: Installing certain artpacks could cause the Categories popup menu to display the artpack names and categories incorrectly (mismatched).
• Bug fix: The program could freeze when placing a unit if the media assets filename ended with a number (e.g., "X2").
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:38 am

With the new "double-click-to-edit" text labels, it shouldn't be hard to create some sort of easily-updatable character sheet, by placing the text labels over a scan of a blank character sheet that has been set to Tile. You could place it far off-map, and navigate to it when needed using the Views feature (one View per character sheet). If anyone does this, please post screenshots.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:13 am

That's a nice idea for using this new option :D

heruca
Developer

Re: BRPG v1.8b released

Post by heruca » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:06 pm

BRPG v1.8b is now out of beta status, and has become the new official release of BRPG, replacing BRPG v1.7d (which was released on November 1, 2011).

I've updated the OP to reflect this. The Full Install contains the latest Addendum to the BRPG User Manual and the Quick Reference Sheet for BRPG. If you update using the Patch, be sure to also download this additional documentation from the Downloads page.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:19 pm

Please update your BRPG installation/s at your earliest convenience if you are running BRPG release earlier than v1.8b. At the conclusion of a current adventure might be a good time to update.

Note that BRPG v1.8b is now also available as a DMG file, for Mac OS X users.

Dark Lord Galen
Captain

Post by Dark Lord Galen » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:11 pm

FYI,
For those that had v1.8b already installed, when checking the "check for current updates" selection it produces the dialog box announcing the "latest" as BRPG is v1.7d and Latest Beta available is v1.8b.......
on my copy anyway...
This leads me to believe there is no comparisons between what the "current version available" and what version your actually running. and actually leaves the user to make that determination....
Maybe future renditions check to confirm latest run is installed when selecting this in the pull down and offer to download the most current?

Just a thought..
DLG
Attachments
BG DLL box.JPG
BG DLL box.JPG (19.31 KiB) Viewed 8077 times

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:20 pm

I just forgot to update a file on the server, is all. Check it now.

Dark Lord Galen
Captain

Post by Dark Lord Galen » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:53 pm

yep, that seems to have corrected it....
:)