BGE v1.4 is now available for download. It is to be considered in beta status for the time being.
The main features of this update are:
• Added a "Create Multi-Token Mini" command
• Added the ability to delete specific dice macros that are attached to units
• Dice macros can now be set to always autoroll or to never autoroll
• Bug fixes
The format for Game Files and Deployments has not changed since v1.0.
This is a Full Install. A patch version is available below (in the following post).
Download BGE v1.4 here:
Windows version (49.3 MB)
Mac version (50.2 MB)
Although a ReadMe file with the information below is contained in the BGE v1.4 download, some people might find it useful to see the changes prior to downloading the zip file.
• Added an option to disable the door opening and door closing sounds that the Chat window makes when players join or leave a game session (some users found these sound effects too jarring or disruptive).
• Moved several commands in the BG button's popup menu into a new "Session-Specific Settings" submenu, to better organize these toggle settings and to reduce the length of the BG button's popup menu.
• Added a "Create Multi-Token Mini" command, which is available to the host only while offline (i.e., when a game session is not currently being hosted). This command works either with local directories or with artpack categories.
• Added the ability to delete specific dice macros that are attached to minis or components (useful if the dice macro is no longer needed, or was saved/attached to a unit by mistake).
• Dice macros can now be set to always autoroll (useful for rolls that never require situational modifiers or adjustments of any sort) or to always autoroll (for game systems that never require adjustments to the die rolls). These new settings should help speed up gameplay.
• When exporting a media bundle, the user is now warned if required media assets are missing, and is presented with a list of the names of the missing assets.
• Added the Shell Xtra to the Xtras folder.
• Bug fix: Pressing the Delete/Backspace key while using the Unit Manager no longer produces a script error.
• Bug fix: Rotating units with the mousewheel should no longer crash the program.
• Bug fix: Auto-rolling of dice macros should now work properly when the dice macro is accessed from a unit's contextual popup menu or from the BG button's popup menu.
• Bug fix: The number keys no longer trigger the "jump" feature when a unit is selected (or when more than one unit is selected).
• Bug fix: The "+" and "-" keys on the number pad now rotate a unit as intended.
• Bug fix: When using the line Draw Tool, if a user released the mouse in the same location as where they originally clicked the mouse, a black box would be drawn instead of a line.
• Bug fix: If the Movement Guide is showing when the map is scrolled, the Movement Guide now updates its position properly during the scroll operation.
• Bug fix: The Movement Guide is no longer shown when the selected unit is a free-floating component (since free-floating components cannot be moved with the movement hotkeys).
• Bug fix: The "Cancel" button is now on the left on all panels when running in Windows OS.
• Bug fix: Addressed an issue with BGE's licensing scheme that under certain circumstances could cause a valid license to not be recognized as such.
• Bug fix: Fixed a script error that would occur when a non-host player performed a rollover on a unit controlled by someone else if the "Players can see opponent's portraits" preference setting is disabled and the "Enable display of portraits" preference setting is enabled.
• Bug fix: The program could freeze when placing a unit if the media assets filename ended with a number (e.g., œX2