BRPG v1.8a beta released

Battlegrounds Games product release announcements

BRPG v1.8a beta released

Postby heruca » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:50 pm

BRPG v1.8a is now available for download. It is to be considered in beta status for the time being.

The main features of this update are:
¢ Re-implemented and greatly expanded support for Flash media, and established an API for Flash<>BRPG communication
¢ Added an "Unmovable" property to units
¢ Dice Macros can now be set to always autoroll or to never autoroll
¢ Bug fixes

The format for Encounters and Deployments has changed since v1.8. The "User Cast.cxt" file has not changed since v1.7d, so copying over the "User Cast.cxt" file from BRPG v1.7d or higher may be a fast and efficient way to preserve your media if you are updating from one of those versions of BRPG.

This is a Full Install. A patch version is available below.

Download BRPG v1.8a here:
Windows version (141.7 MB)
Mac version (146.9 MB)

For convenience, v1.8a is also available as a patch for BRPG v1.7d or higher. You must already have BRPG v1.7d or higher installed in order to use this patch.

Download:
BRPG v1.8a Patch for Mac & Windows (8.1 MB)

How to "install" this patch: Unzip the downloaded file, then simply move the included files into the corresponding BRPG v1.7d or higher folders, overwriting the existing files when prompted.

Although a ReadMe file with the information below is contained in the v1.8a download, some people might find it useful to see the changes prior to downloading the zip file.

Version History:
v1.8a

¢ Re-implemented Flash->BRPG and BRPG->Flash communication.
¢ Added several Flash-specific functions, including the ability to select all figures, select all objects, and select all Tiles.
¢ Added a "Flash Settings" panel, to control the appearance and behavior of Flash units. The panel is accessed by selecting the "Flash Settings" command from a unit's contextual popup menu. This command is only available when the current token being displayed by a unit is a Flash asset.
¢ Added an "Unmovable" property to units. Selecting the "Unmovable" command from a unit's contextual popup menu toggles the setting on or off. An unmovable unit can be selected and actions can be performed on it (e.g., rotate, roll, swap token, etc.), but it cannot be dragged to a different location or moved using the movement hotkeys. The Movement Guide overlay will not appear for an unmovable unit. The "Measure Move" command is not available for unmovable units.
¢ Added a property to Flash-based units to allow BRPG hotkeys to be disabled when typing in a Flash sprite that contains a text input field.
¢ Dice macros can now be set to always autoroll (useful for rolls that never require situational modifiers or adjustments of any sort) or to never autoroll (for game systems that never require adjustments to the die rolls). These new settings should help speed up gameplay.
¢ Updated the file format for Encounters.
¢ Updated the file format for Deployments.
¢ Updated all the Encounter and Deployment files that are included with BRPG to the new format.
¢ Bug fix: Pressing the Delete/Backspace key while using the Unit Manager no longer produces a script error.
¢ Bug fix: Rotating units with the mousewheel should no longer crash the program.
¢ Bug fix: Auto-rolling of dice macros should now work properly when the dice macro is accessed from a unit's contextual popup menu or from the BG button's popup menu.
¢ Bug fix: The "Cancel" and "Select" buttons on the Gallery Browser were not appearing in the right place for Windows users.
¢ Bug fix: Previewing audio clips now works correctly again. This bug was introduced in BRPG v1.8.
¢ Bug fix: The Map Offset feature now works properly in conjunction with the Fog of War feature (i.e., the Fog of War Revel and Conceal tools now draw in the right place when a map offset is in use).
¢ Bug fix: The Fog of War layers were sometimes not lining up with the map on the GM's display when an Encounter was first loaded, until the map was either zoomed or scrolled.
¢ Bug fix: When using the line Draw Tool, if a user released the mouse in the same location as where they originally clicked the mouse, a black box would be drawn instead of a line.
¢ Bug fix: If the Movement Guide is showing when the map is scrolled, the Movement Guide now updates its position properly during the scroll operation.
¢ Bug fix: Clicking on the thumbnail graphic in a media browsing panel while browsing non-audio assets in anything other than the new Gallery Browser would generate a script error.
¢ Bug fix: The "Cancel" button is now on the left on all panels when running in Windows OS.
¢ Bug fix: The Movement Guide is no longer shown when the selected unit is a free-floating object (since free-floating objects cannot be moved with the movement hotkeys).
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby onikani » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:28 pm

After upgrading to 1.8a, I can't seem to find the Disable Views palette did it get moved somewhere?

EDIT - found it!
onikani
Cannon Fodder

Postby heruca » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:49 pm

Welcome, onikani.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby pansophy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:18 pm

Is there a way of making drawn objects block line of sight? It would add a cool feature as I would not need to conceal areas the players cannot see at the moment. :)
pansophy
Cannon Fodder

Postby heruca » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:21 pm

No, there isn't.
heruca
Developer

Return to Product Releases