Escape Key remappable?

gurgi
Soldier

Escape Key remappable?

Post by gurgi » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Is it possible to change the keymapping in BRPG? Specifically, not have escape attempt to exit the software.

I'll be honest.. my players are idiots :), I love them all dearly, but..

Every game, every session. someone hits escape, apperntly fails to read the pop-up dialog box and exits out of the client.

So, can this be changed in the settings somewhere? anywhere - because all my tables keyboards are about to not have escape keys on them :).

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:23 pm

It is currently not possible to customize keybinds in BRPG, though it is a feature I've been wanting for ages :P

gurgi
Soldier

Post by gurgi » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:43 pm

Omnidon wrote:It is currently not possible to customize keybinds in BRPG, though it is a feature I've been wanting for ages :P
Ah well, I'll add my hope to yours and wait.

Until then, I may just have to pop the escape key off the keyboard. At least on the main table machine. We mostly play face to face and no matter which player I put in charge of the computer built into the table, they inevitably press escape to exit a menu or other action they were doing.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:15 pm

Glue a thumbtack to the Esc key, pointy side up. Problem solved. :lol:
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

gurgi
Soldier

Post by gurgi » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:21 pm

heruca wrote:Glue a thumbtack to the Esc key, pointy side up. Problem solved. :lol:
Oh.. that is so much better than removing the key :) and they might actually learn 'something' at the same time.

Mandella
Cannon Fodder

Post by Mandella » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:48 am

You might want to look into keyboard remappers like KeyTweak, that let you disable/remap keys on your keyboard without involving Battlegrounds at all.

Don't forget to change it back after the game though!

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:29 am

A keyboard remapping utility is a great idea. It is especially useful for those with non-English keyboards.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:52 pm

Yeah I used to use KeyTweak to get rid of the windows key while playing games.