veiw manager, newbe

"How Do I...?"
dragonorb
Cannon Fodder

veiw manager, newbe

Post by dragonorb » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:49 am

:?: can you use the veiw manager to bring up a antother map, like inside a cave. when your player enter the location on a map.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:32 pm

Welcome, dragonorb.

The answer to your question is "it depends".

If you need both maps to have a grid overlay and/or a Fog of War overlay, then the answer is no.

However, if you don't need those features, then sure, you can place a second map as an Object (probably set to Tile) somewhere far away from the main map. Define a view for each map, then use the Views buttons or hotkeys to navigate back and forth between them.

A common example of this sort of setup in an RPG would be having a battlemap with figures on it in the main map area, and also having an Area Map of the region, perhaps with a token on it to show the adventuring party's position.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:34 pm

In your specific example, I would use the main map area for the cave map, so that I could take advantage of the Fog of War feature (which the other map probably doesn't need).
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

dragonorb
Cannon Fodder

Post by dragonorb » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:49 pm

thanks, for the quick answer.