BRPG v1.7e beta released

Battlegrounds Games product release announcements

BRPG v1.7e beta released

Postby heruca » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:42 pm

BRPG v1.7e is now available for download. It is to be considered in beta status for the time being.

The main features of this update are:
¢ Added the ability to "jump" from one part of the map window to another while dragging one or more units
¢ Added a "Swap Locations" command
¢ Added commands for changing an Object into a Figure, or a Figure into an Object
¢ The "Create Card Deck" command is now available in the unlicensed BRPG Demo
¢ Bug fixes

The format for Encounters and Deployments has not changed since v1.7c. The "User Cast.cxt" file has not changed since v1.6f, so copying over the "User Cast.cxt" file from BRPG v1.6f or higher may be a fast and efficient way to preserve your media if you are updating from one of those versions of BRPG.

This is a Full Install. A patch version is available below.

Download BRPG v1.7e here:
Windows version (141.1 MB)
Mac version (145.7 MB)

For convenience, v1.7e is also available as a patch for BRPG v1.7d. You must already have BRPG v1.7d installed in order to use this patch.

Download:
BRPG v1.7e Patch for Mac & Windows (3.8 MB)

How to "install" this patch: Unzip the downloaded file, then simply move the included files into the corresponding BRPG v1.7d folders, overwriting the existing files when prompted.

Although a ReadMe file with the information below is contained in the v1.7e download, some people might find it useful to see the changes prior to downloading the zip file.

Version History:
v1.7e

¢ Added the ability to "jump" from one part of the map window to another while you are dragging one or more units. Simply select the unit/s that you wish to move, begin dragging them, and press a View hotkey (number 0 through 9). The dragged unit/s will effectively be "teleported" to the selected View, where you may then release them once you have adjusted their end position. This feature should prove invaluable in any situation where dragging units would be cumbersome if you have to cover a long distance (drag-to-scroll).
¢ Added a ping-based system for detecting if one or more players have been disconnected from the host. If so, the host is warned and the "ghost player" is removed/purged from the session, so that the real player can successfully rejoin the game session without being automatically booted. If a player who was using a Floating License gets disconnected (pings out), the Floating License is reclaimed so that it is available for use again.
¢ Added a "Swap Locations" feature, which is available from the "Arrange" submenu of a multi-unit selection's contextual popup menu (but only if exactly two units are selected, and only if the units are not already stacked). Activating this command will put unit A in unit B's current location, and vice versa.
¢ Added commands for changing an Object into a Figure, or a Figure into an Object. The "Transform into Object" command is available from a Figure's contextual popup menu, and the "Transform into Figure" command is available from an Object's contextual popup menu. This feature should be useful for users who are creating a game conversion (or GMs prepping a game session) and realize too late that they are using the wrong type of unit for something. Now, rather than deleting everything and starting over, they can use these new commands and save a lot of time and effort. The commands are only available when a game session is not currently being hosted.
¢ Change: The "Create Card Deck" command (available from the map window's popup menu) is now available in the unlicensed BRPG Demo. There was no good reason why a prospective user should not be able to play around with that feature.
¢ Change: A dice macro attached to a unit had to be called exactly "Initiative" in order to be triggered by the autoroll initiative feature. Now, it only needs to contain the word "Initiative".
¢ Change: Mousewheel rotation of units is now off by default, but can be enabled each session if needed. It used to be the other way around.
¢ Bug fix: Fixed a bug in the Turn Sequencer that could occur when turn phases were being used and no units were included in the second phase of the Turn Sequence.
¢ Bug fix: When loading a saved game, the board color that was selected in a prior session was not being properly restored (it was reverting to black, instead).
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:43 pm

Note that the Full Install of BRPG v1.7e includes all the latest documentation (the Quick Reference Sheet and the latest Addendum to the User Manual). If you upgrade to BRPG v1.7e using the above patch, those files are not included, but you can download them from the Documentation section of the Downloads page.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby Kepli » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:38 am

A few nice new features :D
Kepli
High Commander

Postby heruca » Sat May 05, 2012 12:26 pm

This release has had a significant bug reported, and a fix/patch is available in that forum thread.
heruca
Developer

BRPG v1.7e usable as demo?

Postby AkosPrime » Wed May 30, 2012 4:44 pm

If I want to demo BPRG, can I do so with v1.7e (assuming I apply the Map.zip patch listed in the referenced thread) or should I stick with the 1.6m version? I guess my question is really two part: 1.) is it possible to use 1.7e in demo mode, and 2.) is it advisable to demo the product using it?
AkosPrime
Cannon Fodder

Postby heruca » Wed May 30, 2012 5:10 pm

Welcome, AkosPrime.

All versions of BRPG can be used in Demo mode.

I only advise using v1.7e if you apply said patch. Otherwise I'd recommend v1.7c (easy, because it is available as a Full Install) or v1.7d (currently only available as a patch to v1.7c). I'll soon be posting a Full Install of v1.7d, for convenience.
heruca
Developer

Postby AkosPrime » Thu May 31, 2012 8:02 am

Heruca,

Thanks for the quick response! I'm scheduling some time with a friend to test this weekend. Just to make things easier on us, I think we'll try 1.7c that way we don't have any worries. This looks like a very cool product, can't wait to see it in action.
AkosPrime
Cannon Fodder

Postby heruca » Thu May 31, 2012 1:29 pm

Now that BRPG v1.7d has been released as a Full Install, and that it has been made the new official (ie, non-beta) release, I suggest you go with that version, instead.
heruca
Developer

Return to Product Releases