BRPG v1.7d released

Battlegrounds Games product release announcements

BRPG v1.7d released

Postby heruca » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:38 pm

UPDATE 5/31/12:
BRPG v1.7d is now out of beta status, and has become the new official release of BRPG, replacing BRPG v1.6m.

UPDATE 4/3/14:
BRPG v1.7d has now been replaced a new official release, BRPG v1.8b. BRPG v1.7d is therefore to be considered obsolete.

The main features of this update are:
• Added a "Shuffle Locations" command, which shuffles the on-screen locations of all the currently-selected units
• Added the ability to cycle through the cards in your hand while using the Card Table (ie, support for larger hands)
• Bug fixes

The format for Encounters and Deployments has not changed since v1.7c. The "User Cast.cxt" file has not changed since v1.6f, so copying over the "User Cast.cxt" file from BRPG v1.6f or higher may be a fast and efficient way to preserve your media if you are updating from one of those versions of BRPG.

This is a Full Install. A patch version is available below.

Download BRPG v1.7d here:
Windows version (141.1 MB)
Mac version (145.7 MB)

For convenience, v1.7d is also available as a patch for BRPG v1.7c. You must already have BRPG v1.7c installed in order to use this patch.

Download:
BRPG v1.7d Patch for Mac & Windows (6.4 MB)

How to "install" this patch: Unzip the downloaded file, then simply move the included files into the corresponding BRPG v1.7c folders, overwriting the existing files when prompted.

Although a ReadMe file with the information below is contained in the v1.7d download, some people might find it useful to see the changes prior to downloading the zip file.

Version History:
v1.7d

• Added a "Shuffle Locations" command to the "Arrange" submenu of a multi-unit selection's contextual popup menu. Selecting this command will shuffle the on-screen locations of all the currently-selected units. This feature should come in handy for games that use a randomly-generated game board composed of component tiles or cards (e.g., flash cards in a memory game).
• Added the ability to cycle through the cards in your hand while using the Card Table, with the [\] (backslash) hotkey.
• If rotating a unit/s with the mouse locks up your computer, you can now press the Shift key briefly to exit an endless loop cause by a race condition.
• Bug fix: Double quotes ( " ) can no longer be typed into a unit's Notes. Doing so would make Encounters and/or Deployment files unreadable to BRPG.
• Bug fix: When a media asset with a file name over 27 characters (not counting the file type extension) was imported into BRPG, the asset would not be found when needed.
• Bug fix: Fixed a cosmetic glitch (introduced in v1.7c) with some text in the upper left of the screen.
• Bug fix: The chat input field on the Chat window was sometimes receiving Paste events even when BRPG was not the active application and the Chat window was not the active window.
• Bug fix: When mousing over units without any unit/s selected, unit portraits were sometimes not being displayed in the upper right corner of the map window if the mouse cursor was moved from one unit to another without ever passing over the map or an object set to "Tile" first.
• Bug fix: Fixed a potential licensing issue that only affected Windows OS.
Last edited by heruca on Thu May 31, 2012 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:53 pm

In order to try to keep the BRPG documentation as up-to-date and complete as possible, I have uploaded a new Addendum to the BRPG User Manual. It now covers all the changes and feature additions made up through BRPG v1.7d.

Download your copy from the Downloads page, and place it in your BRPG root folder.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Thu May 31, 2012 1:07 pm

BRPG v1.7d is now out of beta status, and has become the new official release of BRPG, replacing BRPG v1.6m (which was released on November 17, 2010).

I've updated the OP to include a Full Install of BRPG v1.7d. The Full Install contains the latest Addendum to the BRPG User Manual and the Quick Reference Sheet for BRPG. If you update using the Patch, be sure to also download this additional documentation from the Downloads page.
heruca
Developer

Return to Product Releases