"Fantasy Quest" card game

Battlegrounds Games product release announcements

"Fantasy Quest" card game

Postby heruca » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:16 pm

About the Game:
This is a BGE digital conversion of the "Fantasy Quest" card game, by Ninjadorg. "Fantasy Quest" is a non-collectable card game with 378 cards. It is technically still in the beta testing stage of development, and an updated rulebook is currently in the works.

Game Summary:
A card game of high fantasy with a gothic edge, where 1-4 players, working individually or together, must adventure forth to develop their heroes and save the land from a growing evil. In their journey through a dark world of magic and peril, they will visit strange places, stranger people and overcome powerful enemies in their quest to discover mysterious artifacts, mystical spells and ancient treasures. Follow each hero's tale from modest beginnings through an epic story to an exciting climactic battle for the fate of the world. Time is of the essence because with every night that passes, the land slowly "Falls into Gloom" and terrible things begin to happen.

Fantasy Quest can be played either Competitively or Cooperatively, and is also perfectly suited for Solo play.

Estimated Playing Time:
1-2 hours (use of VOIP is highly recommended; playing time increases with more players)

Number of Players:
1-4

Difficulty:
Average

Download:
Fantasy Quest for BGE (167.2 MB)

The above download contains everything needed to play the game if you already have at least one Gamer Client license (BGE v1.0 or higher; BGE v1.2 is recommended). For multiplayer games, the extra players will need a Gamer Client of their own, or they can play using the free BGE Demo if the host has enough free Player Slots available for them to use.

Installation instructions are included in the download, as is the game's rulebook.

Enjoy!

The following quotes are what some gamers on boardgamegeek.com had to say about this game (in reference to the original print-and-play game, of course):

"This game sets out to distill an epic fantasy RPG into a game playable in under 2 hours. In this, it succeeds magnificently."
Last edited by heruca on Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:24 pm

Here are some screenshots of what the game looks like. Click on the images to view them at full size.

Overview (default setup for 3-player game):

Game Map (a 5x5 grid of Location cards):

Solo Game in Progress (cards on table are "in play", cards below table are "in hand"):
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Re: "Fantasy Quest" card game

Postby rochambeaux » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:06 am

No downloads?
rochambeaux
Soldier

Re: "Fantasy Quest" card game

Postby heruca » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:07 am

Sorry, looks like part of the OP was accidentally deleted during an edit. Thanks to the Wayback Machine, I was able to find the original text and restore it.
heruca
Developer

Return to Product Releases