BRPG v1.7c beta released

Battlegrounds Games product release announcements

BRPG v1.7c beta released

Postby heruca » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:03 am

BRPG v1.7c is now available for download. It is to be considered in beta status for the time being.

The main features of this update are:
¢ Improved the "Measure Range" command
¢ Added a "Check Line of Sight" command
¢ Added a "Measure Move" command
¢ Bug fixes

The format for Encounters and Deployments has not changed since v1.6m. The "User Cast.cxt" file has not changed since v1.6f, so copying over the "User Cast.cxt" file from BRPG v1.6f or higher may be a fast and efficient way to preserve your media if you are updating from one of those versions of BRPG.

This is a Full Install. A patch version is available below.

Download BRPG v1.7c here:
Windows version (141.0 MB)
Mac version (145.7 MB)

For convenience, v1.7c is also available as a patch for BRPG v1.6m or higher. You must already have BRPG v1.6m or higher installed in order to use this patch.

Download:
BRPG v1.7c Patch for Mac & Windows (24.2 MB)

How to "install" this patch: Unzip the downloaded file, then simply move the included files into the corresponding BRPG v1.6m or higher folders, overwriting the existing files when prompted.

Although a ReadMe file with the information below is contained in the v1.7c download, some people might find it useful to see the changes prior to downloading the zip file.

Version History:
v1.7c

¢ Added a "Check Line of Sight" command, which is similar to the "Measure Range" command except that no text is shown and the snap-to-grid feature allows you to snap to corners of grid squares or to the middle of a side of a grid square, in addition to the usual center of a grid square.
¢ Added a "Measure Move" command, which is similar to the "Measure Range" command except that a thicker and semi-transparent black line marks the unit's starting location while the user moves the unit around on the map. This should be particularly useful for playing tabletop miniature games such as Warhammer, where units are allowed to move x inches/centimeters.
¢ Added an option to disable rotation of units with the mouse's scroll wheel.
¢ Change: The "Measure Move", "Check Line of Sight", and "Measure Range" commands are no longer available to free-floating objects.
¢ Bug fix: An error was occurring when an unlicensed Demo logged into a GM Client's session, and Floating Licenses were not being assigned to the Demo user.
¢ Bug fix: Redundant media was linked to the Dice Roller, causing it to take longer than it should to initialize.
¢ Bug fix: The "Measure Range" feature was not working properly if the map was panned during the operation.
Last edited by heruca on Thu May 31, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby Kepli » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:45 am

Cool ... I just started a new campaign and will start using this version.
Kepli
High Commander

Postby MadWelshWizard » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:05 pm

Heya Heruca !

Awesome news about the Measure Move and LOS commands ! Wargaming with BRPG is already awesome, and these will make it even better !

I shall be giving it a go this evening :)

Craig
MadWelshWizard
Sergeant

Postby MadWelshWizard » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:47 pm

Heya Heruca,

I've given it a good go with a couple of skirmish wargames (Flintloque and Strange Grogge) and all I can say is brilliant ! Well Done ! The "Measure Move" and "LOS" functions are superb and are just what was needed ! (I would recommend turning off the 'round up' option for true range).

BRPG did wargames pretty damned well before but now it's now a true virtual wargames table ! Anyone who plays wargames should get it.

Keep The Flag Virtually Flying !

Craig Andrews aka MadWelshWizard
Webmaster
Orcs in the Webbe
http://www.orcsinthewebbe.co.uk
MadWelshWizard
Sergeant

Postby heruca » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:31 pm

Thanks, MadWelshWizard.

It's nice to see someone getting excited over the new features.

I agree that it's best not to round up measurements if you aren't playing with a grid of some sort.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

I'm installing to a new computer - Finally heh.

Postby zWolf » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:37 pm

Say, Heruca, I'm finally getting around to installing BG to my new computer... (new to Battlegrounds anyway... I have had it long enough that really it's time to get a better one heh.)

Anyway, I'm just wondering how I go about licensing it on this machine? Should I just go find my old e-mail or... is there an account reccognition mechanisim set up to recognize me or something? do I e-mail you for new licence? I suppose I could find all this in the forums but since I was here, I figured, I'd ask heh.

Also, the new software designed for board and card games looks great! I'm going to have to pick that up in the near future!

thanks.

Wade -out.
zWolf
Soldier

Postby heruca » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:20 pm

Hiya, zWolf. Long time no see!

Just send me your new computer's Challenge Code, as shown in BRPG's "License" panel. See pg. 146-148 if you need detailed instructions.
heruca
Developer

Return to Product Releases