BRPG v1.7 beta released

Battlegrounds Games product release announcements

BRPG v1.7 beta released

Postby heruca » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:06 pm

BRPG v1.7 is now available for download. It is to be considered in beta status for the time being.

The main features of this update are:
¢ Added support for cone-based light sources (e.g., bullseye lanterns).

The format for Encounters and Deployments has not changed since v1.6m.

BRPG v1.7 is currently only available as a patch for v1.6m. You must already have v1.6m installed in order to use this patch.

Download:
BRPG v1.7 Patch for Mac & Windows (7.4 MB)

How to "install" this patch: Unzip the downloaded file, then simply move the included files into the corresponding BRPG v1.6m folders, overwriting the existing files when prompted.

Although a ReadMe file with the information below is contained in the v1.7 download, some people might find it useful to see the changes prior to downloading the zip file.

Version History:
v1.7

¢ Added support for cone-based light sources (e.g., bullseye lanterns). This includes 120 degree and 60 degree cones.
¢ Change: If a figure is wielding a cone-shaped light source and the figure's base size is changed, Fog of War is now refreshed, to ensure that the cone is properly centered on the unit.
¢ Bug fix: Figures and objects now properly deploy at 50% scale by default all the time, not only when adding tokens to a unit.
Last edited by heruca on Thu May 31, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:18 pm

I realize that this is a pretty minor update to warrant the change in version number to v1.7. A bigger update was actually planned, but since I will be unable to do any further work on BRPG for a little while, I wanted to go ahead and release what I had so far, because I know some of you are keen to try out the cone-shaped light sources.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby GarrenTD » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:27 am

Moved.
Last edited by GarrenTD on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
GarrenTD
Soldier

Postby heruca » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:21 pm

Ack! I wish you'd mentioned a need for 45 degree cones (and the need to rotate them) in this feedback solicitation thread.

Out of curiosity, what RPG system allows you to have 45-degree light cones and to rotate them at will? Is it D&D 3E? 4E?
heruca
Developer

Return to Product Releases