Send Visual Aid not working

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
Shayd3000
Captain

Send Visual Aid not working

Post by Shayd3000 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:05 pm

So, we had our third game using BGRPG. This time we did not get into a tactical situations, so the tacticla map went unused. However, BGRPG was the perfect solution to sending information to individual players since the party was off on their own wandering about town. That was the theory anyway....

As soon as I sent a Visual Aid to a single player, it was broadcast to everyone. When I sent a broadcast to everyone, it went to everyone. When I sent it to and individual it went to everyone. Every 7 or 8 tries, it would send to the individual, but we were not able to come up with any way to reproduce this.

Using version 1.6m on a Windows7 machine running 64 bit. One client was a Win764 bit, One was Winbdows Vista, and the other was XP.

Have not been able to retest media file loading yet - hope to in the next game in 2 weeks. Still looking forward to seeing bullseye lanters ;).

Internet getting locked out of connected machines did not occur. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that we did not transmit any maps over teh LAN this time?

George

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:22 am

Hmmm, did you by chance you the "chat lock" feature, where you Shift-click a Group or individual in the Participants List in the Chat window in order to lock them in as the intended chat recipient? I think there may be a glitch where the chat recipient is overriding the selected recipient of a Visual Aid or Audio clip. I will look into that when I get a chance.

In the meantime, manually selecting a recipient for a Visual Aid (or Audio clip) from the panel (instead of just going with the default value shown in the popup menu) should fix that problem. Give that a try if you encounter this problem again.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Shayd3000
Captain

Post by Shayd3000 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:28 pm

Not aware of having used teh chat lock.

If I understand you correctly - the problem was that I was selecting the specified user from the popup and it was going to everyone:
1. Select Send Viual Aid command
2. Choose the visual aid I want to send.
3. Select the recipients name in the visual aid window.
4. It goes out to everyone.

I am assuming when you say Panel, you mean the visual aid panel. Is there someplace else I could select the recipient from?

George

david.steele
Sergeant

Post by david.steele » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:02 am

confirmed. I had the same issue tonight as well.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:10 pm

Heh! I'd forgotten all about it, but this "bug" is actually documented on pg. 46 of the User Manual that comes with BRPG (not the updated User Manual).

I guess I just never got around to implementing selective sending of Visual Aids, because I completely forgot it wasn't implemented.

Edit: And according to pg. 47 of that User Manual, the same limitation applies when sending Audio.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Shayd3000
Captain

Post by Shayd3000 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:29 pm

In my defense, I only read the "beta" manual you had published, not the one that came with the software.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:32 pm

I'm currently trying to get this working as intended for v1.7a.

Shayd3000
Captain

Post by Shayd3000 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:37 pm

Your efforts are appreciated!

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:09 am

OK, this bug is fixed in v1.7a. :)

Now a visual aid will only open on the intended recipient's screen, and not on everyone's screen (unless "Everyone" was the intended recipient, of course).