Devin Night's Token Collection

Battlegrounds Games product release announcements

Devin Night's Token Collection

Postby heruca » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:35 pm

"Devin Night's Token Collection" is a set of commercial artpacks for BRPG (currently 14 artpacks, with the possibility of more artpacks being released in the future).

All of the figure tokens in these artpacks are hand-drawn by Devin Night, and come pre-sized and pre-rotated for use in Battlegrounds. They have all been scaled to match each other in relative size, and are all high-resolution (122 pixels per cell), so they won't pixelate even at full zoom in BRPG. The figures are suitable for a game scale of 3 feet per hex (and 5 feet per square, too, of course).

"Devin Night's Token Collection" costs $19 for GMs (but is free for players). It can be purchased from the BG Store. Half of the proceeds will go to Devin Night (the artist), and the other half to support continued development of BRPG. And if this artpack collection does well, Devin Night will probably create more artpacks in the future.

Note that players will need to have any given artpack from this collection installed during game sessions where the GM will use it, and that everyone must be using BRPG v1.6m or higher.

Below are preview images of the 14 artpacks currently included in this collection. Most of the screenshots were taken at 200% zoom, so that you can see all the detail (exception: the "DM Essentials 1", "DM Essentials 2", "Familiars & Summons", and "Wet Cavern Creatures" preview pics were taken at 150% zoom, in order to fit more creatures on the screen). Be sure to click on each image below to see it at full size.

DN's Character Tokens 2:

This 5.1 MB artpack contains 85 figure tokens depicting a variety of characters of different classes/professions, suitable for use as PCs or NPCs.

DN's Guards & Nobles Tokens:

This 3.6 MB artpack contains 94 figure tokens, which are are broken down into the following categories:
Castle Guards, Bronze (13)
Castle Guards, Iron (13)
City Guards (13)
City Guards, Helmed (13)
Arabs (8)
Lords (7)
Ladies (8)
Witches (13)
Miscellaneous (6)

DN's Dwarf Tokens:

This 2.0 MB artpack contains 48 figure tokens.

DN's Orc & Goblin Tokens:

This 2.2 MB artpack contains 57 figure tokens, which are are broken down into the following categories:
Goblins (24)
Orcs (33)

DN's DM Essentials 2:

This 13.1 MB artpack contains 38 creature tokens, which are are broken down into the following categories:
Hydras (8)
Wyverns (9)
Mythological Beasts (7)
Sentient Creatures (14)

DN's Pirate Tokens:

This 2.5 MB artpack contains 41 figure tokens, which are are broken down into the following categories:
Pirates (34)
Pirate Rowers (6)
Dog (1)

DN's Townsfolk Tokens:

This 2.1 MB artpack contains 53 figure tokens, which are are broken down into the following categories:
Males (30)
Females (21)
Animals (2)

DN's Undead Tokens:

This 4.3 MB artpack contains 76 figure tokens, which are are broken down into the following categories:
Skeletons (27)
Zombies (22)
Ghouls (10)
Ghosts & Wraiths (11)
Miscellaneous (6)

DN's The Camp Tokens:

This 5.7 MB artpack contains 72 tokens (23 figure tokens and 49 object tokens), which are are broken down into the following categories:
Animals (23)
Camp Gear (10)
Humans (18)
Elves (6)
Dwarves (9)
Halflings (6)

DN's DM Essentials 1:

This 7.1 MB artpack contains 48 figure tokens, which are are broken down into the following categories:
Slimes & Jellies (13)
Spiders (6)
Insectoids (10)
Winged Creatures (10)
Misc. Creatures (9)

DN's Dark Lair Tokens:

This 5.2 MB artpack contains 53 figure tokens, which are are broken down into the following categories:
Dark Elves (24)
Driders (4)
Duergar (12)
Monsters (13)

DN's Werecreatures Tokens:

This 3.8 MB artpack contains 51 figure tokens, which are are broken down into the following categories:
Bear (6)
Boar (10)
Human (14)
Rat (9)
Tiger (4)
Wolf (8)

DN's Familiars & Summons Tokens:

This 4.0 MB artpack contains 66 figure tokens, which are are broken down into the following categories:
Birds & Bats (12)
Cats (6)
Dire Forms (10)
Drakes (13)
Large Animals (7)
Reptiles (8)
Miscellaneous (10)

DN's Wet Cavern Creatures Tokens:

This 5.8 MB artpack contains 68 figure tokens, which are are broken down into the following categories:
Alligators (10)
Frogs (4)
Lizardmen (20)
Lizardmen, Dead (6)
Lizards (11)
Miscellaneous (9)
Yuan-Ti (8)

Total number of tokens in this collection, so far: 850

Potential future artpacks that may be added to this collection later this year include, but are not limited to:
Samurai and Shinobi (~44 tokens)

As additional artpacks are released, customers who have registered this artpack collection will have immediate access to the new artpacks, without any further purchase or registration necessary.

I will attempt to release the more useful artpacks first (e.g., Townsfolk, and The Camp), and the more esoteric ones (e.g., Samurai & Shinobi) later on in the development cycle. Note that the price of "Devin Night's Token Collection" will increase over time as more sets are released, so you may wish to order early and lock in the current lower price point.

Why Multiple Artpacks?
Although I could easily have released this token collection in one humongous artpack, I have decided to release it as a set of "smallish" discreet artpacks for a number of reasons:
1) So that folks can start taking advantage of the already-completed artpacks without having to wait for the entire collection to be finished.
2) So that GMs can enable just the artpacks that they need, and disable the ones that they don't need.
3) Multiple artpacks makes finding a particular token easier, since it adds an extra organizational layer to the token selection hierarchy.
Last edited by heruca on Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:01 pm

Here's a sample of some of the color mods I created for the "Character Tokens 2" artpack. Click on the image to view it at full size.

Devin Night's original color scheme for each token is always on the left.

The "Guards & Nobles" artpack also has a significant number of color mods.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby Kepli » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:39 am

Oh very cool ... need to set aside even more money for token packs this year :D

btw where did those ships come from?
Kepli
High Commander

Postby heruca » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:55 am

Kepli wrote:where did those ships come from?

Those were made by Vry, back in 2006. Unfortunately, I believe his website & gallery is no longer available.
heruca
Developer

Postby Kepli » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:03 am

ah ... then maybe I have them on one of my disks. But I may not have been interested in ships back then.
Kepli
High Commander

Postby heruca » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:27 pm

I've just released 4 more artpacks in this collection.

"Townsfolk"
"The Camp"
"Undead"
"DM Essentials 1"

All together, they add 249 tokens to the collection.

I have edited the OP to reflect this. Check out the 4 new listings that were added after the "Pirates" pack.

The price of this token collection has now gone up, from $15 to $17. That's an average of $1.70 per artpack, which is a pretty sweet price, in my opinion.

GMs who have already purchased "Devin Night's Token Collection" will be sent download links via email that will enable them and their players to download just the 4 new artpacks, without having to download the entire collection again.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:36 pm

I've just released 2 more artpacks in this collection.

"Dark Lairs"
"Werecreatures"

Together, they add 104 tokens to the collection.

I have edited the OP to reflect this. Check out the 2 new listings that were added after the "DM Essentials 1" pack.

The price of this token collection has now gone up, from $17 to $18. That's an average of $1.50 per artpack, which is an incredibly low price.

GMs who have already purchased "Devin Night's Token Collection" will be sent download links via email that will enable them and their players to download just the 2 new artpacks, without having to download the entire collection again.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:54 pm

I've just released 2 more artpacks in this collection.

"Familiars and Summons"
"Wet Cavern Creatures"

Together, they add 134 tokens to the collection.

I have edited the OP to reflect this. Check out the 2 new listings that were added after the "Werecreatures Tokens" pack.

The price of this token collection has now gone up, from $18 to $19. That's an average of $1.35 per artpack, or about 2.25 cents per token.

GMs who have already purchased "Devin Night's Token Collection" will be sent download links via email that will enable them and their players to download just the 2 new artpacks, without having to download the entire collection again.
heruca
Developer

Re: Devin Night's Token Collection

Postby heruca » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:11 pm

It has come to my attention that there is a problem with the last artpack that was released in this collection, "DN's Wet Caverns Tokens". Just having it in the "Artpacks" folder, even when not actively using it, was causing errors.

I am uploading a fixed version of this file. All GMs owning this artpack collection, and all players in their games, should download this file, unzip it, and install it in their "Artpacks" folder, overwriting the existing file.

Sorry for any inconvenience this error may have caused. Considering the artpack in question was first released over two years ago, I would have hoped someone had reported the problem earlier.
Attachments
DN's Wet Caverns Tokens.zip
(4.46 MiB) Not downloaded yet
heruca
Developer

Return to Product Releases