BRPG v1.6m released

Battlegrounds Games product release announcements

BRPG v1.6m released

Postby heruca » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:47 pm

BRPG v1.6m is now available for download. It is now out of beta status, and has become the new official release, replacing BRPG v1.4i.

The main features of this update are:
¢ The "Draw Card" and "Discard" commands are now available for multi-unit selections, allowing you to draw or discard many cards at once
¢ Enhancements to the "Discard" and "Shuffle" commands
¢ The Text Label tool now retains the last settings used, so making many similar text labels is now much faster
¢ Bug fixes

The format for Encounters and Deployments has not changed since v1.6g.

The "User Cast.cxt" file has not changed since v1.6f, so copying over the "User Cast.cxt" file from BRPG v1.6f, v1.6g, v1.6h, v1.6i, v1.6j, v1.6k, or v1.6L may be a fast and efficient way to preserve your media if you are updating from one of those versions of BRPG.

This is a Full Install. A patch version is available below.

Download BRPG v1.6m here:
Windows version (128.7 MB)
Mac version (Zip, 133.6 MB)
Mac version (DMG format, 133.6 MB)

For convenience, v1.6L is also available as a patch. You must already have v1.6k or v1.6L installed in order to use this patch.

Download:
BRPG v1.6m Patch for Mac & Windows (7.4 MB)

How to "install" this patch: Unzip the downloaded file, then simply move the included files into the corresponding BRPG v1.6k or v1.6L folders, overwriting the existing files when prompted.

Although a ReadMe file with the information below is contained in the v1.6m download, some people might find it useful to see the changes prior to downloading the zip file.

Version History:
v1.6m

¢ The "Draw Card" command is now available for multi-unit selections. A submenu allows you to choose how many cards to draw (from 2 to 10). Selecting this command will draw the topmost x cards from a selected deck.
¢ The hotkey for the "Draw Card" command, [Shift+D], can now also be used to activate the "Discard" command, essentially functioning as a toggle for drawing and discarding cards.
¢ You can now use the "Discard" command on multi-unit selections, to discard all the selected units at once.
¢ When creating a new text label using the Draw tool, the previously-used text label settings (font, size, alignment, etc.) will now be automatically applied. This makes it much faster to create a lot of text labels in the same style.
¢ Change: Shuffling a stack now automatically discards any cards in the stack that were being held by a player and "flips them over" (if needed) so that the back of the card is showing.
¢ Added temporary code to help debug a problem with incoming die rolls that fail to open the Dice Roller window and cause the window to become inaccessible for the remainder of the BRPG session.
¢ The "User Cast.cxt" file is now saved when a player client finishes receiving a map via peer-to-peer transfer, to ensure that the map media will be available in a future game session.
¢ If the Dice Roller ever disappears, type "debugDM" (sans quotes, all one word) into the Chat window and press the Return key. This will produce a "bug report" of sorts in the Chat window's chat output pane. If you submit to me via email the dice macro information reported, it may help me find a cause for the "disappearing dice roller" bug. The information is from the last dice macro roll received, so be sure to exercise this option immediately after the Dice Roller window disappears on you, before making other rolls or attempting to reset the Dice Roller. Note that using this command will inform all other connected players that you have done so, to avoid possible cheating attempts. Once the cause of the "disappearing dice roller" bug is found and the bug is fixed, this command will be removed.
¢ If the Dice Roller ever disappears, type "resetDice" (sans quotes, all one word) into the Chat window and press the Return key. This should make the Dice Roller reappear, and it should display the last roll received. Once the cause of the "disappearing dice roller" bug is found and the bug is fixed, this command will be removed.
¢ Bug fix: When resizing units via text commands in the Chat window, the desired scale value was being saved as a text string instead of as an integer or floating point value. If a user subsequently tried to edit the unit, the Unit Settings panel would fail to open.
¢ Bug fix: Added code that ensures that the above-mentioned problem is automatically fixed when loading an Encounter or Deployment file that was created before that bug was fixed (text strings for each unit's scale value are converted to integers or floating-point numbers).
¢ Bug fix: A figure's base size was not always being accurately preserved after using the "Keep Only Current Token" command or the "Remove Current Token" command on the figure.
¢ Bug fix: When rolling dice macros, the "-1 to rerolls" checkbox wasn't having any effect if it was enabled.
¢ Bug fix: When Snap-to-Grid was enabled, units would sometimes be immovable until some other unit was first selected and then de-selected.
¢ Bug fix: If a unit contained (ToolTip-style) Notes and had at least one Portrait assigned to it (or was set to use the current token as a Portrait), the Notes would flicker on and off continuously on mouseover (unless the unit was selected).
¢ Bug fix: Simultaneous swapping of a unit's current token and current portrait now works properly on Windows OS. Note, however, that this hotkey only works if a single unit is selected, and only if the number of Tokens attached to the unit is equal to the number of Portraits attached to the unit.
Last edited by heruca on Thu May 31, 2012 3:13 pm, edited 7 times in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby lordmalachdrim » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:34 pm

the -1 on rerolls still doesn't seem to be working.
lordmalachdrim
Cannon Fodder

Postby heruca » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:15 am

Welcome, lordmalachdrim .

It works fine for me. Are you sure you've configured it properly?

Or perhaps you're misreading the results? If you see a re-roll value of 5, it actually means you rolled a 6 on the re-roll, but 1 was already subtracted from it.
Attachments
Minus 1 to Rerolls.png
Minus 1 to Rerolls.png (206.05 KiB) Viewed 1993 times
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby lordmalachdrim » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:20 am

it's already removed that would explain it. Was trying to use it in HackMaster game and there you penetrate on a max roll but the penetration die gets a -1.

So if you roll 4d4 and get 3, 2, 4, 4 you get to re-roll the 4s and get 3 (effectively 2) and 4 (effectively 3) you get to re-roll the 4 and get a 2 (effectively 1) for a total of 19.

But it seems that since the -1 is already factored in it wont re-roll them more then once. I'll have to keep that in mind.
lordmalachdrim
Cannon Fodder

Postby heruca » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:41 am

I got my info for supporting Hackmaster and its Penetration mechanics from this forum thread. Did they explain it wrong, or did I implement what they said wrong?
heruca
Developer

Postby lordmalachdrim » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:12 am

I can see the confusion.

If you roll max on the die you get to reroll the die with a -1 modifier. If you roll max again you get to reroll.

so a d4 that penetrated twice, rolled a 4 another 4 and then a 3, would look like for example 4+4-1+3-1 = 9. basically a cumulative -1 to the total roll for every re-rolled die.

There is no limit to the number of times the die may penetrate. I've seen a dart do 56 damage.
lordmalachdrim
Cannon Fodder

Postby heruca » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:15 am

BRPG v1.6m is now also available as a Full Install. I've edited the OP to reflect this.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:29 pm

BRPG v1.6m is now out of beta, and has become the new official release of Battlegrounds, replacing BRPG v1.4i (which was released on July 12, 2009).

I've edited the OP to reflect this.
heruca
Developer

Postby Omnidon » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:02 pm

Gratz!
Omnidon
Site Admin

Postby rrvistas » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:39 am

BTW, have you ever thought of including the "Dice Pack" into the official version?
It's a great add-on to the product, so why not make it a part of the setup.
If you don't know that it exists you really have to dig through old threads, get hinted or be lucky to find it. And it would really be a shame to miss that gem.
rrvistas
General

Postby heruca » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:51 am

It's linked to right on the Downloads page, as are 6 other free artpacks, the 2 free adventures, and 14 free digital game conversions.

Right now I'm more interested in getting the User Manual updated (again) to cover up through BRPG v1.6m, and then including that in the official download of the software.
heruca
Developer

Postby pyroknight » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:27 pm

I desperately want a new user manual, I am having a hard time remembering all the new hotkeys.
pyroknight
Captain

Postby heruca » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:08 pm

If you forget a hotkey, just use the Help command ([?] hotkey) for a list of practically every hotkey available. Note that there are now two screen's worth of information to cycle through.
heruca
Developer

Postby Shayd3000 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:33 pm

A quick reference sheet we could print out and distribute to players would be handy!
Shayd3000
Captain

Postby heruca » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:36 am

Here is a Quick Reference Sheet (PDF, 81 KB) that your players can print out, if they want.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:20 pm

BRPG v1.6m is now also available as a DMG file, for Mac OS X users. See the OP for the download link, or just get it from the Downloads page.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Thu May 31, 2012 3:12 pm

BRPG v1.7d is now the official release of BRPG, replacing BRPG v1.6m.

Please update your BRPG installation/s at your earliest convenience if you are running anything earlier than v1.7d. At the conclusion of a current adventure might be a good time to update.
heruca
Developer

Return to Product Releases