Bugs in 1.6i

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
pyroknight
Captain

Bugs in 1.6i

Post by pyroknight » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:27 am

Well I finally got around to getting a good solid test of 1.6i (full install on Windows Vista 32 bit), and these are the problems I found:

New bugs:
1. If a player selects any of the figures he/she controls by using the click and drag, that player will also select any objects on the board. This includes objects that are NOT under their control, and includes hidden objects.
One of my players discovered this and decided to prove it to me by drag selecting the entire board. He the proceeded to move the dozens of hidden objects I had scattered about and effectively annihilated my setup. This does not affect other figures.

2. When a player Selects a text color when connecting to a server will only select that color for the "narrator" voice. Figures under their control always used black text regardless of what we did. Both the player and the GM tried to change the chat color of the figure and were unable to do so (it was always black.)
To be fair, these figures were saved in a prior version of BRPG and then loaded in. I had no trouble changing the color of the freshly added NPCs. Only the PCs had this problem. Would it be possible for player owned figures to have their voice default to their player color?

3. Sometimes a player/GM will be unable to open the Roll Dice or Dice History windows. We have no idea what causes this. The only way to get rid of this is to exit and restart the program. This happened about 5 times during our 4 hour session, and happened to 4 separate people include the GM. (I consider this problem to be very annoying.)

4. This might not be a bug and might be my own mistake, but I want to know how to fix it. All my players can only see themselves in the turn sequencer. All other figures are listed as œNPC

heruca
Developer

Re: Bugs in 1.6i

Post by heruca » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:12 am

pyroknight wrote:If a player selects any of the figures he/she controls by using the click and drag, that player will also select any objects on the board. This includes objects that are NOT under their control, and includes hidden objects.
One of my players discovered this and decided to prove it to me by drag selecting the entire board. He the proceeded to move the dozens of hidden objects I had scattered about and effectively annihilated my setup. This does not affect other figures.
Oh, my! That's not good! :shock:

It also reminds me, I should add a "Boot Troublesome Player" feature. :lol:
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:15 am

pyroknight wrote:3. Sometimes a player/GM will be unable to open the Roll Dice or Dice History windows. We have no idea what causes this. The only way to get rid of this is to exit and restart the program. This happened about 5 times during our 4 hour session, and happened to 4 separate people include the GM. (I consider this problem to be very annoying.)
Pressing [Shift=R] should reset the Dice Roller window if it ever disappears like this (each affected user will need to do this). Although I thought I had fixed all the causes of the disappearing die roller. Guess not. :(
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:19 am

[quote="pyroknight"]4. This might not be a bug and might be my own mistake, but I want to know how to fix it. All my players can only see themselves in the turn sequencer. All other figures are listed as œNPC

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:30 am

pyroknight wrote:4. Is there a setting to make it so the GM can see hidden player owned figures? I accidentally hid one of my PCs and couldnt find him again. He insisted that he couldnt be attacked that round, because I didnt know where he was.
As the GM, you can always use the Unit Manager to select the figure and un-hide it. Alternatively, you can click on the figure's artwork in the Turn Sequencer to center the map on the hidden figure, so that you know exactly where a lightning bolt needs to strike. :twisted:

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:35 am

pyroknight wrote:5. According to the superstitions of my players, the new client version rolls considerably higher than the old one. The NPC minions union is going on strike until this unfair advantage can be made equal.
LOL! Completely unfounded. I haven't changed the randomization code for years.

This gives me an idea though, for a subscription-based service that will improve your die roll results. I could make a fortune! :lol: :lol: :lol:

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:52 am

pyroknight wrote:If a player selects any of the figures he/she controls by using the click and drag, that player will also select any objects on the board. This includes objects that are NOT under their control, and includes hidden objects.
This is fixed in BRPG v1.6j.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:58 am

pyroknight wrote:2. When a player Selects a text color when connecting to a server will only select that color for the "narrator" voice. Figures under their control always used black text regardless of what we did. Both the player and the GM tried to change the chat color of the figure and were unable to do so (it was always black.)
Apparently, the chat color was being set on the player clients, but the change in chat color was not being broadcast to anyone else. This is fixed in v1.6j.

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:40 am

heruca wrote:
pyroknight wrote:3. Sometimes a player/GM will be unable to open the Roll Dice or Dice History windows. We have no idea what causes this. The only way to get rid of this is to exit and restart the program. This happened about 5 times during our 4 hour session, and happened to 4 separate people include the GM. (I consider this problem to be very annoying.)
Pressing [Shift=R] should reset the Dice Roller window if it ever disappears like this (each affected user will need to do this). Although I thought I had fixed all the causes of the disappearing die roller. Guess not. :(
Nope, not quite. I had the same problem twice last week. Although I already knew about the Shift-R fix for it, so it didn't bother me nearly as much....but then I forgot to report it. Sorry.

pyroknight
Captain

Post by pyroknight » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:14 am

heruca wrote: I believe figures owned by other players will show up unobfuscated on each players' Turn Sequencer if the token has its "Disposition to Party" set to "Friendly" (exception: figures owned by an Adversary Player).
They were set to friendly. I even set them to neutral and then back to friendly again but it didn't help. They were still green to each other in the sequencer, just named as "npc".

I will try again this weekend with freshly added PC figures.

thanks for the tips on aiming my lightning bolts. I know a few of my players that might actually shell out for that rolling service. :-)

Thanks again for the quick response.

rrvistas
General

Client figure colors

Post by rrvistas » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:35 am

We did a bit of playtesting and found a system to the figure chatcolor problem.

On a client,
The text color of the first figure in the list is always black
The color you set for the 1st figure in the list is applied to the 2nd Figure
The color you set for the 2nd figure in the list is applied to the 3rd Figure
The color you set for the 3rd figure in the list is applied to the 4th Figure
and so on....

fb66
General

Re: Client figure colors

Post by fb66 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:12 pm

rrvistas wrote:We did a bit of playtesting and found a system to the figure chatcolor problem.

On a client,
and so on....
The gm can set chat colours for GM owned figures no problem however it does not seem to stay set when you transfer ownership to a player.

heruca
Developer

Re: Client figure colors

Post by heruca » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:25 am

rrvistas wrote:We did a bit of playtesting and found a system to the figure chatcolor problem.

On a client,
and so on....
This was only happening on Windows player clients, and has been fixed in BRPG v1.6j.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:26 pm

[quote="pyroknight"]4. This might not be a bug and might be my own mistake, but I want to know how to fix it. All my players can only see themselves in the turn sequencer. All other figures are listed as œNPC

pyroknight
Captain

Post by pyroknight » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:01 am

Some more things for the list.

1. I was building an encounter today, and I made a mistake. So I hit [ctrl + Z] to undo my last action, and it erased the entire board. All objects and all figures simply vanished. (Thank goodness you have a sweet autosave feature.)

2. Sometimes when I try to place a figure or object, I somehow grab the map as well. So as I click to change the options on the place figure dialogue box, the map is flying around like crazy (trying to follow my mouse) and I cant see what Im doing. On occasion this will cause the figure to be placed where I am looking, instead of where I told it to be placed. Clicking on the figure restores it to its proper location. I first noticed this bug in v1.6. It doesnt really stop me, its just mildly annoying.

Windows Vista 32-bit system.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:16 am

pyroknight wrote:1. I was building an encounter today, and I made a mistake. So I hit [ctrl + Z] to undo my last action, and it erased the entire board. All objects and all figures simply vanished. (Thank goodness you have a sweet autosave feature.)
Did you try using Undo a second time to restore (undo the Undo) everything? Did that not work either?
pyroknight wrote:2. Sometimes when I try to place a figure or object, I somehow grab the map as well. So as I click to change the options on the place figure dialogue box, the map is flying around like crazy (trying to follow my mouse) and I cant see what Im doing. On occasion this will cause the figure to be placed where I am looking, instead of where I told it to be placed. Clicking on the figure restores it to its proper location. I first noticed this bug in v1.6. It doesnt really stop me, its just mildly annoying.
Sounds like BRPG never detected a mouse release after the map drag operation. I've not run into this, but will keep on the lookout for this behavior.

pyroknight
Captain

Post by pyroknight » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:26 pm

heruca wrote: Did you try using Undo a second time to restore (undo the Undo) everything? Did that not work either?
I'm pretty sure that I tried to hit Undo again and nothing happened. I'm not completely sure however, as the panic attack I had after seeing all my work disappear erased my memory.
I tried to recreate the bug but I was not able to. I did, however, manageable to corrupt an encounter file by loading it repeatability, hitting undo, and then accidentally hitting save.

heruca wrote: Sounds like BRPG never detected a mouse release after the map drag operation. I've not run into this, but will keep on the lookout for this behavior.
That is my guess as well, I'm wondering if it has to do with my wireless mouse.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:09 pm

pyroknight wrote:I did, however, manageable to corrupt an encounter file by loading it repeatability, hitting undo, and then accidentally hitting save.
LOL! Smooth move. :lol: