Vry's Artpacks - Version 1.6f - issues with install

akhi5
Soldier

Vry's Artpacks - Version 1.6f - issues with install

Post by akhi5 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:48 pm

Heruca,

Don't wish to waste your time, but I am having an issue with the installation of the token artpacks from Vry. I have downloads, unzipped and then put into the artpack folder per the instructions. The Vry pack show in the top menu when I select tokens but the menu indicates that there are no files in that pack. Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

By the way, a group of my friends and myself have just started using Battlegrounds RPG, we only have a single session in, but we are very impressed. Great work.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Welcome, akhi5.

If you placed the artpack file in the "Artpacks" folder while BRPG was already running, you need to select the "Purge/Refresh Artpacks" command from the BG button's popup menu. Relaunching BRPG is another alternative.

Let me know if doing that doesn't fix the issue.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

akhi5
Soldier

Post by akhi5 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:09 pm

Heruca,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Sorry about the second post, thanks for removing.

I have tried both options you mentioned. I have also removed and redownloaded and reinstalled. All while the BRPG was not running. I will try what you indicated again. I am running Windows 7, 64 bit.

Any other thoughts you may have would be appreciated.

Thanks.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:26 pm

I don't have a Windows 7 64 bit machine to test on, I'm afraid. But I just tried placing a figure from Vry's PC & NPC artpack, and it worked fine on my Mac in both v1.6a and v1.6g. I don't currently have v1.6f installed, but I can install it and test it if you think it would help.

One thing worth trying is to avoid using any third party unzipping tools on the downloaded file.

I hope this isn't a Win 7 64-bit issue. No one else has reported problems using artpacks in that environment.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:01 pm

Does this issue affect any of the other free artpacks besides Vry's?

akhi5
Soldier

Post by akhi5 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:08 pm

The standard included artpacks work just fine.

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:28 pm

heruca wrote:I hope this isn't a Win 7 64-bit issue. No one else has reported problems using artpacks in that environment.
I haven't specifically tested Vry's Artpacks (I'm also Win7/x64). I'll give it a try when I get home tonight to verify.

akhi5
Soldier

Post by akhi5 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:36 pm

I appreciate the assistance and prompt replies.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:43 pm

akhi5 wrote:The standard included artpacks work just fine.
BRPG doesn't come with any artpacks. There are only the separate/optional downloads available at the bottom of this page.

akhi5
Soldier

Post by akhi5 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:45 pm

Herua, sorry, think I used the wrong term. I meant that the tokens that are included in the game work fine. The Vry's token Artpacks are the only Artpacks I have tried.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:09 pm

Just for reference ... the Vry Artpack works fine on a Vista 32bits machine :)

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:23 pm

I have no problem with either of Vry's token packs on Win7/x64, in 1.6f+.

akhi5
Soldier

Post by akhi5 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:30 am

I appreciate all the help. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Both BRPG and the Vry Artpacks and still the same issue. The Vry Artpacks show as a selection but the system indicates that there are no files in the Artpack.

I guess I will just see what happens when we try a session were the DM uses the Artpacks.

Still, like the system. Excellent job with the dice roller and the trun sequencer especially.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:13 am

Download the attached Encounter, unzip it, and place it in BRPG's "Encounters" folder. Launch BRPG and load the Encounter. If the figure tokens do not show up, it will give me a clue as to what is happening. And if they do, then it should work fine when your GM uses the tokens in his Encounters.
Attachments
Conan vs Mages.zip
(606 Bytes) Downloaded 205 times

akhi5
Soldier

Post by akhi5 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:03 am

Heruca, I downloaded the file you sent. The tokens were visible and seemed to be functioning normally. If I try to change a token, the Vry's PC/NPC and Monster tokens still do not show up (other than the main listing in the drop down), but htis works for me as I will be able to see whatever the DM has used. Thank you for verifying that I will be able to see them. If this helps figure out why I cannot select, it would be good to know. Thanks again.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:13 am

(Numbered for easier responses)

1) Are there any other files or folders in your "Artpacks" folder, other than the "Disabled Artpacks" folder?

2) Are you able to place Vry's tokens if you disable one of the two artpacks prior to launching BRPG? Try it with each artpack in turn.

3) Any chance you could post a screenshot of what you see when you are trying to place a figure from one of Vry's artpacks?

4) Are you launching BRPG using a shortcut rather than double-clicking on the actual EXE file?

akhi5
Soldier

Post by akhi5 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:37 am

Thanks for the continued assistance. The answers to your questions are below:

1) No. Only the Vry artpack CXTs.

2) I tried each Vry artpack in turn, no change.

3) see the attached file.

4) I have used by a shortcut and the direct exe with no differences.
Attachments
BRPG Vry Screen Shot1.png
Screen shot of drop down.
BRPG Vry Screen Shot1.png (3.06 MiB) Viewed 10562 times

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:51 am

Here's what you should be seeing underneath the "VRY'S PC & NPC TOKENS" heading. In your case, is the heading the very last thing in the Categories menu?
Attachments
Vry's Artpack Categories.png
Vry's Artpack Categories.png (40.63 KiB) Viewed 10552 times

akhi5
Soldier

Post by akhi5 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:56 am

Here is what I am seeing, the "Vry's PC & NPC Tokens" heading is not the last on the list in the Categories menu.
Attachments
BRPG Vry Screen Shot2.png
Screen shot of some of the Categories dropdown.
BRPG Vry Screen Shot2.png (2.37 MiB) Viewed 10556 times

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:03 am

If you select any of the Categories from Vry's artpacks, does that selection then replace the word "Unfiled" at the top? Or does it fail to switch categories and thus continue saying "Unfiled"?

akhi5
Soldier

Post by akhi5 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:13 am

When I select a Vry artpack from the Categories it does replace the "unfiled" at the top. It then shows "No Unfiled Figures" in the selection box.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:18 am

Instead of trying to place a new figure, try adding a token to an existing figure. Does it behave any differently when you do that?

Note: Further support will have to wait until tomorrow. It's 4:15 AM here and I need to get some sleep. :wink:

akhi5
Soldier

Post by akhi5 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:20 am

I have tried both placing a new figure and adding a token. Same behavoir.
Please, get some sleep, this is definitely not urgent. I appreciate the help.

akhi5
Soldier

Post by akhi5 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:30 am

Updated to 1.6g. No change in this issue. If you happen to figure out what is going on, that would be great. But, as I mentioned, not urgent. Thanks again.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:49 am

I may need to create a special debugging build of the "Map.cxt" file for you so that I can get to the bottom of this. Will see if I can create that tomorrow.