BRPG v1.6f beta released

Battlegrounds Games product release announcements

BRPG v1.6f beta released

Postby heruca » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:56 pm

BRPG v1.6f is now available for download. It is to be considered in beta status for the time being.

The main features of this update are:
¢ New features: roll dice and flip coins right on the map window
¢ The GM can now select any color to use as a background in lieu of an actual map.
¢ Newly-placed units now have their scale adjustment factor set to 50% instead of 100%, for faster unit placement.
¢ Players can now use the selection marquee to select objects (previously, they could only select figures with the marquee)
¢ Bug fixes

The format for Encounters and Deployments has not changed since v1.6e.

The "User Cast.cxt" file has changed since v1.4d, so do not copy over the "User Cast.cxt" file from a prior BRPG version.

This is a full install. A patch version is available below.

Download BRPG v1.6f here:
Windows version (125.3 MB)
Mac version (130.2 MB)

For convenience, v1.6f is also available as a patch. You must already have v1.6e installed in order to use this patch.

Download:
BRPG v1.6f Patch for Mac & Windows (46.4 MB)

How to "install" this patch: Unzip the downloaded file, then simply move the included files into the corresponding BRPG v1.6e folders, overwriting the existing files when prompted.

Although a ReadMe file with the information below is contained in the v1.6f download, some people might find it useful to see the changes prior to downloading the zip file.

Version History:
v1.6f

¢ Added the ability to roll "dice objects" and the ability to flip "coin objects" in the map window. If one or more objects with multiple tokens are selected, the [Control-R] hotkey ([Command-R] on a Mac) will "roll" the "die" or "dice" (the program will temporarily remove the dice object/s from the map window, and then randomly select one of the object's tokens and assign it as the current token). Rolling dice in this manner will play a sound effect while the dice are being "shaken" (only if multiple "dice" are being rolled), and will play a sound of dice landing on the table once the current token has been randomly set and the unit redrawn on the map window. If an object unit contains only two tokens and the object's name includes the word "coin", BRPG will play a coin-flipping sound instead of a die-rolling sound. The sound/s for rolling dice on the map window are determined by the Preference setting for dice sounds. Note that this feature works only with objects, not with figures.
¢ Added the ability to set the map to any color (in other words, no actual map, just a flat background color). To do so, double-click on the map window and select the "Choose Map Color..." command from the contextual popup menu that appears. A color picker will appear in the center of your screen. Use it to specify the color you would like to use in lieu of a map. Note that the color you select is not transmitted to connected clients until the color picker is closed, so you can preview many colors before making your final selection. This feature is available only to the GM/host.
¢ Did some additional groundwork for future Flash<-->Director communication, regarding new variables added to units since v1.4g.
¢ Change: When placing objects or figures on the map, if the unit does not have a default Scale Adjustment factor defined for it, Scale Adjustment will now default to 50% (instead of 100%, as in previous releases).
¢ Change: Players now have access to the "Dragging a marquee selects..." command while logged into a game. In prior releases, players were limited to only selecting figures (not objects) with the selection marquee.
¢ Bug fix: If a unit had multiple identically-named tokens assigned to it, they would all appear with a checkmark in the unit's "Token" submenu, even though only one was the actual current token.
¢ Bug fix: If a unit had multiple identically-named portraits assigned to it, they would all appear with a checkmark in the unit's "Portrait" submenu, even though only one was the actual current portrait.
¢ Bug fix: Certain new unit properties (e.g., anti-aliasing) were not being properly retained when cloning (copying and pasting) units.
¢ Bug fix: When loading an Encounter that did not specify a Turn Sequencer Settings file to use, an alert dialog would appear saying that the TS Settings file was no longer available.
¢ Bug fix: Addressed an error that could occur with multi-unit selections if an object was part of the selection (BRPG was checking objects for a figure-specific attribute and failing).
¢ Bug fix: Some debugging code was inadvertently left enabled which showed a "currentUnitList" alert dialog if the Shift key was held down while a game-state update was being processed.
¢ Bug fix: The GM was not seeing a player-owned character's true name when stepping the Turn Sequence.
¢ Bug fix: Players were not seeing a unit's true name when stepping the Turn Sequence if the unit was owned by "Everyone".
¢ Bug fix: Server-based maps were not loading for the GM when loading an Encounter, if the previously downloaded map had been purged or was not present.
Last edited by heruca on Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby Omnidon » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:04 pm

--- Split after this point by Omni to Issues with v1.6f ---
Omnidon
Site Admin

Postby heruca » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:20 am

The file is once again available for download. Note the four additional bug fixes.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:38 pm

BRPG v1.6f is now also available as a Full Install. I've edited the OP to reflect this.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:08 pm

Anyone using v1.6f should be aware that a significant problem was found with this release. I suggest you read the first three posts of this thread for the details.

v1.6g will be released soon to fix this. It will also add some nifty new features.

In the meantime, v1.6f should be quite usable for certain things, such as playing the new Chunky Fighters game.
heruca
Developer

Return to Product Releases