Sell Single Figure Tokens.....High Resolution....

Non-bug comments, suggestions, and feature requests for BRPG and/or BGE
cyderak
Captain

Sell Single Figure Tokens.....High Resolution....

Post by cyderak » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:49 pm

Heres my idea.

Sell Figure Token Singles so players and Gm's alike can chose which figure they want.
Sell em for:
**$.50 for NPC's and PC's Humanoid type characters.
**$1.00 each for the Large, Huge, and Collasal type monsters.

Have the Tokens completely set up with portraits and sounds depending on what you do with them. If they charge, have the "CHARGE" sound effect play ....... if they attack then have an "ATTACK" sound effect play .....and so on.

Also have each token equipped with that feature that lets you scroll through different tokens for different actions.
**Charging = Running Pose
**Attacking = Attack Pose
**Dead = Prone Dead Pose

I've seen these features already on battlefgrounds when I was playing with the Demo (waiting for my license key) but if you offered Single Minis, Both large and small, that the players could pick and chose from that articulate the same way those other minis do, I think you could make a killing.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

Later.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:59 am

Welcome, cyderak.

I like the general idea of selling multi-pose PC & NPC tokens, complete with token-specific sound effects and one or more Portrait images. Battlegrounds' "Deployment" format is ideal for layout out such a token with all it's settings ready-to-use in any Encounter.

Unfortunately, PayPal still hasn't implemented a decent system for micro-transactions, so selling such tokens individually isn't very feasible right now.

I don't like the idea of charging more for certain tokens just because they happen to take up more grid squares on a map. The time and effort required to produce a token is pretty much the same regardless of how many pixels it ends up taking on a map, so that seems like unfounded price gouging. Larger minis costing more than smaller ones is the norm with physical miniatures because the larger minis use more material, weigh more, and cost more to ship, so the price increase is justified.

This would be a good market for a third-party developer, IMO.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Lordippon
Captain

Post by Lordippon » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:34 pm

I really like the idea of selling mini singles. But as I recall it cost at least 50 cents to make a payment using paypal.
The only argument I can find for chargeing more for bigger minis, is that the 3D models for those types of minis usually is more expensive to buy.
What would be a good size for a mini artpack 5 minis? and what would be a good fair price to charge?

cyderak
Captain

Post by cyderak » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:15 am

If it costs 50 cents for each use of Paypal I can see why you'd want to up the amount of minis.

Heres a couple of ideas me and my Gaming buds came up with.

All of these Minis Packs would be equipped with:
* Portraits.
* Sound Effects.
* Different poses for different actions.

Human - Warrior Pack -- Price = $6.00
6 Minis ( 1st six classes)
- Barbarian
- Fighter
- Monk
- Paladin
- Ranger
- Rogue

Human - Spell Caster Pack -- Price = $5.00
5 Minis ( 1st Five classes)
- Bard
- Cleric
- Druid
- Sorcerer
- Wizard

And then repeat the process for each Race

*Elf - Warrior and Spell Caster Packs
*Dwarf - Warrior and Spell Caster Packs
*Gnome - Warrior and Spell Caster Packs
*Halfling - Warrior and Spell Caster Packs
*Half-Elf - Warrior and Spell Caster Packs
*Half-Orc - Warrior and Spell Caster Packs

As for Monster Packs you could create "MONSTER TYPE" packs.
Examples:
**Abberation Pack
**Drow Pack
**Dragon Pack
**Undead
**Orc (definitly a Must......Basic of basics for monsters in campaigns)
**Goblin Pack (also a Must) Maybe more like the Pathfinder Goblins. they look cooler.
**Troll / Ogre Pack
**Giant Pack
**Evil guy Pack (Bad guys)
**Demons / Devils Packs......Could probably do multple of these considering the multitude of different versions of them out there.
** And So On......................

Maybe even contact the Pathfinder guys about doing some Minis up that look like their Style of Monsters. They have their stuff on HERO LAB. Whats to say they might just want some of their type of monsters and characters on Battlegrounds too. Never hurts to ask.

You could also do a Tavern Pack complete with: -- Price = $10.00
**Bar Keep
**Serving wenches
**Bar populous (including adventure types for interaction purposes)
**Dancing girl on a stage (Maybe have it animated if at all possible)
**Ladies of the night (Dressed PG-13 of course)
**Ogre Bouncer. (Arms Folded)

And like I said, if they all had Sound effects, Portraits, and multiple poses for certain actions already figured out for the GM or Player, I think that'd be a great selling point. No fuss. No muss.

If you need any other ideas let me know......I'm full of em. If they are useful or not.......is up to you.

Later.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:29 am

cyderak wrote:All of these Minis Packs would be equipped with:
* Portraits.
* Sound Effects.
* Different poses for different actions.
Note that most graphics designers aren't audio engineers, so it would be fairly difficult for them to produce sound effects of their own.

You're probably better off finding your sounds separately IMO. There's a lot of free stuff on the net, though it is admittedly hard to search for specific sound effects.

Lordippon
Captain

Post by Lordippon » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:30 am

The artpacks I would make would not contain sound effects. First I can not make them myself and secondly if an orc made the same sound everytime it would become very very annoying.
I am not sure about portraits, I don't use them myself but if the demand is big enough...

I looks to me as if Cyderac is very D&D orientated. Most of your suggestions sounds like taken right out of Players Handbook.
I don´t play D&D and I don´t know how a sorceror differs from a wizard in the way a mini would look.

But I would like to do some of the more generic artpacks. I think I already have enough figures to make a Golem pack, an Undead pack and an Orc pack. and I think that I could make most of the other monster packs you suggest, but I would have to need them for my own game before I would prioritize making them.

cyderak
Captain

Post by cyderak » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:57 pm

Ok maybe an Orc making that sound all the time would kind of get annoying......

but having the portrait and the multiple poses is definitly a plus.

I was also thinking that smaller pre-made scenes would be a good seller.
EXAMPLES:
*A blacksmith in front of a Forge or Anvil.
*A Magic shop owner behind a counter & in front of a shelf full of magic items.
*A cleric standing next to an altar.
*King on his throne and dais.
*Evil villain on his throne and dais.
* and so on.........

And i don't know how Flash animation-savy any of the BATTLEGROUNDS users are but if someone could create more flash animations that'd be cool.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:08 pm

I've been considering the possibility of selling individual Encounters or Encounter Packs of commonly-needed scenes like the ones you mentioned. I'm just finding it hard to find the time to put something like that together.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

cyderak
Captain

Post by cyderak » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:43 pm

The sooner you put out the "Mini-Scene" pre-made packs, the sooner I can use them!.....hehehe.....I mean.....the sooner people can buy them. Money in your pocket dude.

cyderak
Captain

Post by cyderak » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:24 pm

Lordippon.......Make any headway on those Minis packs?

Lordippon
Captain

Post by Lordippon » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:12 pm

Well currently I am working on a Golem-pack.
The Iron Golem is not quite finished and I also plan to include a Bronze Golem. We will have to see if Heruca think it is good enough to publish in BRPG format and sell here.
Here is a preview of what I am working on
Attachments
Golems.jpg
Golems.jpg (58.89 KiB) Viewed 11356 times

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:31 pm

Those look great, Lordippon. 8)

cyderak
Captain

Post by cyderak » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:48 pm

Yeah Lordippon......they look great.

got any drow? (dark elves)

Lordippon
Captain

Post by Lordippon » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:28 am

I am happy that you guys like them.

First I will finish this Golem pack and talk to Heruca about publishing it.
If that goes well, I will start finishing my Undead pack.

I see no problem in making a Dark elf pack, but I am not currently working on it.

cyderak
Captain

Post by cyderak » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:21 pm

Now that I think of it, a basic monsters pack is probably what every GM is looking for.

Orcs
Goblins
Hobgoblins
Kobolds
Ogres
that sort of mix.

Lordippon
Captain

Post by Lordippon » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:12 pm

Cyderac, most of the creatures you ask for has already been made.
Devil Dan did a lot of very cool creatures a couple of years back over on the Dundjinni forums. Note that I take absolutely no credit for these, they are all Devil Dans work. I downloaded them all and I scaled and optimized them a little for use in BRPG.
Attachments
ContactSheet-001.jpg
ContactSheet-001.jpg (121.37 KiB) Viewed 11255 times
ContactSheet-002.jpg
ContactSheet-002.jpg (118.94 KiB) Viewed 11236 times
ContactSheet-003.jpg
ContactSheet-003.jpg (119.3 KiB) Viewed 11264 times
ContactSheet-004.jpg
ContactSheet-004.jpg (118.78 KiB) Viewed 11234 times
ContactSheet-005.jpg
ContactSheet-005.jpg (116.22 KiB) Viewed 11305 times
ContactSheet-006.jpg
ContactSheet-006.jpg (118.15 KiB) Viewed 11268 times
ContactSheet-007.jpg
ContactSheet-007.jpg (113.83 KiB) Viewed 11235 times
ContactSheet-008.jpg
ContactSheet-008.jpg (56.79 KiB) Viewed 11271 times

cyderak
Captain

Post by cyderak » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:04 am

How big are the files?

Could they be e-mailed?......To me for example? :)

Could they be arranged so you could scroll through the various poses to re-create certain actions in a game?

Maybe thats how you could publish them. Each one as one token file but with Scroll-able images to represent different actions.

Ask Devil Dan.....Maybe he's up for it.

Maybe you could "update" those images to look more "Polished". Again, One token, 5 or 6 different poses. Depending on what "condition" that character or monster is in.

Thanks Lordippon for taking suggestions......i don't wanna seem pushy.
Last edited by cyderak on Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:09 am

DevilDan has already given me permission to make an artpack out of his monster tokens. This is a project I've been wanting to get to for a long time, but it keeps getting back-burnered.

cyderak
Captain

Post by cyderak » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:30 am

Heruca .....Can you make the Tokens so a Gm can scroll through the various poses?.......Maybe havbe some Small universal character sheets attached to them?

Lordippon
Captain

Post by Lordippon » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:38 am

Cyderac,

All you have to do to be able to scroll through the different poses is to load a figure into battlegrounds add the extra tokens to that. Then you can choose from all the tokens attached to that figure. Just save the figure as a deployment file after you attach all the figures you want.

You could make a character sheet save it as a JPG and attach it to the figure as a portrait. That way it will pop up every time you hold the cursor over the figure.

When I get a new digital mini I always make a deployment file with all its poses and die rolls, and from then on I simply load that when I need that creature.
Ready to go monster collection !!! Super time saver !!!

As for Devil Dans creatures then you can download the originals from the DunDjinni forum. There you can also get a lot of other figures and a bunch of PNG art you can use in BRPG. The scale is a bit off, but you can easily rescale it for use in BRPG with ex. photoshop or the GIMP (Free)
it is well worth taking the time to learn to do this.

If you want Devil Dans creatures in my BRPG rescaled version. I will be happy to mail them to you Cyderac. I tried to post them at these forums but it won't let me upload the zip files and they are smaller than 20 MB.
All in all they are about 50 MB in total. What are the largest file you can recieve?

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:43 am

Lordippon wrote:I tried to post them at these forums but it won't let me upload the zip files and they are smaller than 20 MB.
Try again now.

Since this was the second time someone mentioned that they were having problems uploading, I looked into it and it turned out that my webhost stupidly reset the upload size back to the default.
It's now fixed. Max upload size for archives is 30 MB (20 MB for non-zipped images).

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:02 am

What exactly is a "small universal character sheet"? I can't think of a single stat that is universal across all RPG systems.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:10 am

heruca wrote:What exactly is a "small universal character sheet"? I can't think of a single stat that is universal across all RPG systems.
Name, inventory, description, and physical traits? :P
Those are pretty much always included. But one can just put those in the turn sequencer, or as Lordippon said, a portrait for now.
Once we have enough Flash integration, I'll make a Flash character sheet extension if there isn't a built-in feature for that by then.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:11 am

Omnidon wrote:
Lordippon wrote:I tried to post them at these forums but it won't let me upload the zip files and they are smaller than 20 MB.
Try again now.

Since this was the second time someone mentioned that they were having problems uploading, I looked into it and it turned out that my webhost stupidly reset the upload size back to the default.
It's now fixed. Max upload size for archives is 30 MB (20 MB for non-zipped images).
EDIT: Ack, cancel that... Still not fixed... Fix pending...

cyderak
Captain

Post by cyderak » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:12 pm

heres my e-mail if you could send me the image files.

cyderak@yahoo.com

thanks in advance.