Turn Sequencer

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
Monk
Soldier

Turn Sequencer

Post by Monk » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:55 am

Loving the new Initiative roller for the turn sequencer but unfortunately I find this program almost unusable due to a rather common issue, the window simply doesn't render properly and I cannot stabilize it. That is the columns are usually never displayed properly and are always offset to the left. Resizing the window fixes it but that is not really a solution in my opinion since I can scroll the window anyways. The initiative buttons are rendered off the window screen if the window is made too small which again I don't understand since again there is a scroll bar. I cannot fix the rendering issues by clicking the first column nor by reinitializing the window or by running configure.

In the end, the Turn Sequencer program is great but unusable in my opinion due to it just not rendering properly at all.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:19 am

The TS not rendering properly is not a common problem. Please send me your Turn Sequencer Settings file so that I can fix it and send it back to you. The file can be found in the following location:
"<BRPG root folder>\Preferences\Turn Sequencer Settings\"

Also, are you aware of this feature which was added in v1.4g?
"The mousewheel can now be used to scroll the Turn Sequencer when the mouse cursor is over the Turn Sequencer list. Hold down a modifier key (the Command key on Mac OS, or the Control key on Windows) to scroll the Turn Sequencer horizontally instead of vertically."
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Monk
Soldier

Post by Monk » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:46 am

There you be. :D

Also the mouse wheel feature does not fix the issue either as it only scrolls a touch to the left and stops. :(
Attachments
Rolemaster.zip
(736 Bytes) Downloaded 274 times

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:34 am

Weird. The TS Settings work fine for me, and the TS scrolls just fine both vertically and horizontally, without any redraw problems.

Is there anything unusual about your computer system? For example, are you running Linux, or do you have multiple displays hooked up?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Monk
Soldier

Post by Monk » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:47 am

heruca wrote:Weird. The TS Settings work fine for me, and the TS scrolls just fine both vertically and horizontally, without any redraw problems.

Is there anything unusual about your computer system? For example, are you running Linux, or do you have multiple displays hooked up?
Multiple Displays (2x19'' monitors)
Vista Ultimate x64 edition
nvidea GeForce 8600GTS

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:51 am

Are your monitors reversed? (i.e., monitor 2 is to the left of monitor 1)

Monk
Soldier

Post by Monk » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:47 pm

heruca wrote:Are your monitors reversed? (i.e., monitor 2 is to the left of monitor 1)
Holy prophets, Batman! :D Yes, they are reversed.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:32 pm

Let me know if un-reversing your monitors (or disconnecting one of them) makes the TS function properly.