BRPG v1.4j beta released

Battlegrounds Games product release announcements

BRPG v1.4j beta released

Postby heruca » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:47 pm

BRPG v1.4j is now available for download. It is to be considered in beta status for the time being.

The main features of this update are:
¢ Improvements to the Card Table (including a new hotkey to access it more easily)
¢ Added the ability to auto-roll dice macros right from the Map window
¢ The patch includes the updated User Manual
¢ Bug fixes

The format for Encounters and Deployments has not changed since v1.4i.

BRPG v1.4j is currently only available as a patch for v1.4i. You must already have v1.4i installed in order to use this patch.

Download:
BRPG v1.4j Patch for Mac & Windows (40.4 MB)

How to "install" this patch: Unzip the downloaded file, then simply move the included files into the corresponding BRPG v1.4i folders, overwriting the existing files when prompted.

Although a ReadMe file with the information below is contained in the v1.4j download, some people might find it useful to see the changes prior to downloading the zip file.

Version History:
v1.4j

¢ Change: The Card Table window is no longer modal. You can now click on the map window to bring it to the front, over the Card Table.
¢ Added a hotkey ([Shift-C]) to open the Card Table, or to bring it to the front, if it is already open.
¢ Added a button for auto-rolling dice macros right from the map window. The button is located in the lower left corner of the map window. Holding down the Shift key while selecting a dice macro will allow you to make last-minute changes to the dice macro prior to rolling it.
¢ Added a "Shuffle This Card Into Deck" command to the Card Table.
¢ Added a "Place This Card in Bottom of Deck" command to the Card Table.
¢ Bug fix: When using custom card decks, the "Back of Card" graphic for the standard card deck was being displayed.
¢ Bug fix: An error no longer occurs on Windows PCs if you add a card player prior to selecting a card deck.
¢ Bug fix: Custom card decks are now automatically loaded when you load a card game that uses a custom card deck. You no longer need to load the deck manually prior to loading the card game.
¢ Bug fix: It was not possible to have more than one custom die of each type (d4, d6, d8, etc.) in the same folder within BRPG's "Dice Sets" folder.
¢ Bug fix: Addressed a cosmetic issue when auto-rolling dice macros.
¢ Bug fix: The snap-to-grid setting for a loaded Encounter is now observed.
¢ Bug fix: Obsolete instructions for changing groups in the Participants List were being given in a player's Chat Window when he/she joined the game session.
¢ Bug fix: The automatic vertical offset adjustment for "Front View" tokens was inverted.
¢ Bug fix: There was no visual preview when changing a unit's horizontal and vertical offsets, if the unit's artwork was from an artpack.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:23 pm

Known Issue:
If your Dice Roller window ever mysteriously disappears, select the "Browse Roll History" command to restore it. I'll try to fix this issue in the next release of BRPG.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby Monk » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:40 pm

Does this release fix the problem with Fog of War causing a script error when using the dynamic functions?
Monk
Soldier

Postby heruca » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:43 pm

Nothing in this release affects FoW in the least.
heruca
Developer

Postby Spyke » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:45 pm

Further to the "Browse Roll History" fix, the new dice roller button from the map seems to work well, but it only works if the dice roll browse window has been opened at least once before in that BRPG session.

Spyke
Spyke
Captain

Return to Product Releases