Vry's PC & NPC Tokens

Battlegrounds Games product release announcements

Vry's PC & NPC Tokens

Postby heruca » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:31 pm

This artpack contains 105 high-resolution figure tokens (100 original tokens plus 5 color mods for additional variety). They are suitable for use with fantasy games that use a scale of 5 feet per square or 3 feet per hex, since they will not pixelate even at full zoom in BRPG.

The figures are broken down into the following categories:
Adventurers (13)
Fighter Types (14)
Rogues, Thugs & Pirates (14)
Missile Weapons (13)
Dwarves & Elves (9)
Miscellaneous (14)
Magic Users (28)

Vry, the artist responsible for this artpack, has generously decided to make his PC and NPC token collection available for free to BRPG users. Note that these are high-resolution versions of the low-resolution tokens that are available for download on his website. He has my thanks for adding value to BRPG in general, since GMs now have access to an excellent "starter set" of tokens at no additional cost.

Installation instructions and other important information are in the ReadMe file which is included in the download.

Note that players will need to have this artpack installed during sessions where the GM will use it, and everyone must be using BRPG v1.3e or higher.
Attachments
Vry's PC & NPC Tokens Preview.png
This is just a tiny taste of the great tokens included in this artpack
Vry's PC & NPC Tokens Preview.png (1.84 MiB) Viewed 8081 times
Vry's PC & NPC Tokens Artpack.zip
(5.17 MiB) Downloaded 6544 times
Last edited by heruca on Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby cliff » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:59 pm

Those are very nice, I quite like them.
cliff
Sergeant

Postby Farland » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:46 pm

These are great. Vry rocks. Heruca, can we have a link to Vry's website?
The World of Farland: www.farlandworld.com

The best PbP site on the net: www.myth-weavers.com
Farland
High Commander

Postby heruca » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:59 pm

Vry asked me not to include a link to his site in the ReadMe because he's currently having problems with the server (the gallery software crashes if there are too many visitors at once, or if someone downloads too many things at once).

BTW, here's the same scene from the pic above, but using a 5 foot per square scale, instead. At this game scale, I recommend sizing the tokens at 40%. They won't be "to scale", but IMO they work better when they are slightly oversized (like most real minis are).
Attachments
Vry's tokens, 5 foot scale.png
Vry's tokens, 5 foot scale.png (1.2 MiB) Viewed 7935 times
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby fb66 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:31 am

These are very cool :) vry has talent.
fb66
General

Postby Kepli » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:37 am

Great tokens and just what I needed :D 8)
Kepli
High Commander

Postby Farland » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:56 am

Ah, I see. I was hoping to get smaller versions of the figures rather than resizing them by hand, so I was going to snag the low-res versions.

EDIT: Crap. I see that these have to be installed as an artpack. I don't want to do that because I don't want ALL of these figs. I want to pick and choose. I like to exercise careful selection over my figures.
The World of Farland: www.farlandworld.com

The best PbP site on the net: www.myth-weavers.com
Farland
High Commander

Postby heruca » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:16 am

Just so you know, artpack items don't take up any additional RAM until they are placed on a map. So even if you had an artpack with 1000 figures, and you only used one of those figures, your RAM usage is pretty much the same as if you had placed that single figure using a local bitmap.
heruca
Developer

Postby Katerchen » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:14 am

Am I overlooking something? Because I cannot find a link anywhere in the post but everyone else seems to find it ^.^
Katerchen
Cannon Fodder

Postby Omnidon » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:42 pm

Katerchen wrote:Am I overlooking something? Because I cannot find a link anywhere in the post but everyone else seems to find it ^.^

Welcome Katerchen

As per this announcement:
http://battlegroundsgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3383

The attachment feature is currently broken. I'll be upgrading the forum as soon as I get the chance, which will hopefully resolve that issue.

If there is a file you need urgently, I'm sure heruca or I could find it for you.
Omnidon
Site Admin

Postby heruca » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:14 pm

Until the forum issue is fixed, you can get some of the free artpacks from here. But you will find a larger selection on the BG Downloads page.

EDIT by Omni: Forum was upgraded. All attachments should be working now.
heruca
Developer

Return to Product Releases