Battlegrounds used for Munchkin Card Games?

Non-bug comments, suggestions, and feature requests for BRPG and/or BGE
Sholari
General

Battlegrounds used for Munchkin Card Games?

Post by Sholari » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:35 pm

I am not sure if this is the right spot for this but I had a question for anyone using the Card tool for other games. Has anyone used Munchkin Card game, a Steve Jackson game, with battelgrounds? How well did it work out? Also has anyone used Magic the Gathering or any other card games in Battlegrounds?

I was thinking of purchasing Munckin if it can be used with Battlegrounds.

Thanks

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:53 pm

Oddly enough, today was the first time I ever saw the Munchkin game in real life. From what little I grasped of the rules in the short time I observed, I think it might be possible but cumbersome to play that game in Battlegrounds. There are three decks to draw from, so you'd be switching decks constantly. A purpose-built card game engine like ACTS might be better suited for the job.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:53 am

I played Munchkin for the first time last Sunday. Was kinda fun, even though I lost horribly.

But I'd have to say that Munchkin is not particularly playable in BRPG, at least not until I add support for multiple card decks on the table at one time.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Sholari
General

Post by Sholari » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:08 am

I ended up buying Muchkin Quest, which was quite fun. I have played it twice but never finished a game, and we did play it for four hours each time. This would be quite difficult to play on BRPG sense like you said you need three decks.