BRPG v1.4i released

Battlegrounds Games product release announcements

BRPG v1.4i released

Postby heruca » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:42 pm

BRPG v1.4i is now available for download. It is now out of beta status, and has become the new official release, replacing BRPG v1.3e.

v1.4i is intended to fix a number of bugs that were found in v1.4h shortly after its release. v1.4i contains only bug fixes and minor changes; no new features have been added.

The format for Encounters and Deployments has not changed since v1.4h. The "User Cast.cxt" file has not changed since v1.4h, so copying over the "User Cast.cxt" file from a prior BRPG version may be a fast and efficient way to preserve your media if you are updating from that version of BRPG.

This is a full install. A patch version is available below.

Download BRPG v1.4i here:
Windows version (124.7 MB)
Mac version (129.5 MB)

For convenience, v1.4i is also available as a patch. You must already have v1.4h installed in order to use this patch.

Download BRPG v1.4i PATCH here:
Windows version (2.3 MB)
Mac version (2.3 MB)

How to "install" this patch: Unzip the downloaded file, then simply move the included files into the corresponding BRPG v1.4h folders, overwriting the existing files when prompted.

Although the ReadMe file with the information below is contained in the v1.4i download, some people might find it useful to see the changes prior to downloading the zip file.

Version History:
v1.4i

¢ Change: Rotating a unit with the mouse wheel now rotates an object in 90-degree increments on a square grid, in 15-degree increments if the Control key is held down, and in 5-degree increments if the Control key and the Alt key (Option key, on a Mac) are held down.
¢ Change: Portrait-style figures no longer rotate, but their bases do, to indicate facing.
¢ Bug fix: The Library feature works again with local media assets.
¢ Bug fix: Rotating a unit with the mouse wheel on a Windows PC no longer locks up the program.
¢ Bug fix: It is no longer possible to Lock figures using the Unit Manager. That feature is reserved for objects only.
¢ Bug fix: It is no longer possible to set figures to be "Tiles" using the Unit Manager. That feature is reserved for objects only.
¢ Bug fix: The Hide/Show feature now updates properly, even if the mouse is hovering over a unit that was hidden via hotkey.
¢ Bug fix: A recurring error would occur if an audio asset from an artpack was set to loop continuously.
¢ Bug fix: The "Default Map Scale" settings are now properly saved and re-loaded between sessions.
Last edited by heruca on Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Re: BRPG v1.4i beta released

Postby Kazander » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:41 pm

heruca wrote:• Change: Rotating a unit with the mouse wheel now rotates an object in 90-degree increments on a square grid, in 15-degree increments if the Control key is held down, and in 5-degree increments if the Control key and the Alt key (Option key, on a Mac) are held down.

Thank you for this change! Well, the corresponding change to Hex rotation, actually--1 hex side at a time. This makes a lot more sense, and makes it quite a bit easier to use.
Kazander
General

Postby heruca » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:13 pm

BRPG v1.4i is now available as a Full Install, too. I've edited the OP to reflect this.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:53 pm

BRPG v1.4i is now out of beta status, and has become the new official release, replacing BRPG v1.3e. I've edited the OP to reflect this.
heruca
Developer

Return to Product Releases