BRPG v1.4h beta released

Battlegrounds Games product release announcements

BRPG v1.4h beta released

Postby heruca » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:04 pm

BRPG v1.4h is now available for download. It is to be considered in beta status for the time being.

v1.4h is intended to fix a number of bugs that were found in v1.4g shortly after its release. v1.4h contains only bug fixes; no new features have been added.

The format for Encounters and Deployments has not changed since v1.4g. The "User Cast.cxt" file has not changed since v1.4g, so copying over the "User Cast.cxt" file from a prior BRPG version may be a fast and efficient way to preserve your media if you are updating from that version of BRPG.

BRPG v1.4h is currently only available as a patch for v1.4g. You must already have v1.4g installed in order to use this patch.

Download BRPG v1.4h PATCH here:
Windows version (4.5 MB)
Mac version (4.5 MB)

How to "install" this patch: Unzip the downloaded file, then simply move the included files into the corresponding BRPG v1.4g folders, overwriting the existing files when prompted.

Although the ReadMe file with the information below is contained in the v1.4h download, some people might find it useful to see the changes prior to downloading the zip file.

Version History:
v1.4h

¢ Change: Portrait-style tokens can be rotated again to denote facing.
¢ Change: Blackout Mode is no longer automatically set on a client who joins a game session after the GM has disabled Blackout Mode.
¢ Bug fix: The Turn Sequencer no longer sorts the sequence by comparing string values, unless the GM has elected to sort units alphabetically.
¢ Bug fix: Portraits weren't appearing for players, even if they controlled the unit in question.
¢ Bug fix: Addressed an error when placing Flash units.
¢ Bug fix: Remote clients no longer get an error message when someone adds a token to a unit.
¢ Bug fix: The visibility of the grid overlay was sometimes being inadvertently toggled after clicking on the "More Preferences" button on the first screen of the Preferences panel.
¢ Bug fix: Selecting the "Force Gridless" setting on the Map Settings panel wasn't hiding the GM's grid overlay, if it was showing.
¢ Bug fix: Selecting the "Force Grid" setting on the Map Settings panel wasn't showing the GM's grid overlay, if it was hidden.
¢ Bug fix: Free-floating objects no longer ignore their rotation settings.
¢ Bug fix: The file "Missile Weapons Table.jpg" in the Library folder can now be safely deleted without causing errors.
¢ Bug fix: The Library panel wasn't showing the "No Preview Available" thumbnail when there was no image to preview in a given category.
¢ Bug fix: Mouseover notes work again with Fog of War enabled.
¢ Bug fix: Selecting "Hide Text Labels" and "Show Text Labels" now properly hides or show text labels on figures.
¢ Bug fix: If "Hide Text Labels" is enabled, a figure's text labels will properly appear on mouseover.
¢ Bug fix: If "Show Text Labels" is enabled, the text labels of a multi-figure selection will now display properly.
¢ Bug fix: Sometimes a portrait would be shown that belonged to a unit other than the unit that the mouse was hovering over.
¢ Bug fix: If the "Attacker" label and/or the "Target" label is/are showing while the map is dragged, the label/s will now move along with the map.
¢ Bug fix: If a die roll comes in while you were busy creating your own dice macro, your dice macro is now preserved, rather than overwritten by the incoming roll, and you will now be able to see the result of your roll once you press the "Roll" button.
¢ Bug fix: Blackout Mode is now disabled automatically when Fog of War is disabled.
¢ Bug fix: The Card Table feature should now update properly on connected clients' screens.
¢ Bug fix: The "End My Turn" (aka "Step the Sequence") button should now be positioned properly regardless of the map window's size and position, the operating system being used, and whether you are in Full Screen Mode or not.
¢ Bug fix: If a Fog of War reveal/conceal tool is active, it will now be deactivated automatically whenever you access a unit's contextual popup menu, or if you access another panel, or if you press the "Close" button on the Fog of War panel (but only if your Preferences have been set to do this).
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby nightwalker450 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:05 pm

Portraits rotate now, but they rotate the same as Top Down (Portrait goes upside down)...

EDIT: Also I have to edit a figure and change it to something else, and then back to portrait for it to allow rotation. Differently defined Portrait?
nightwalker450
General

Postby heruca » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:47 pm

nightwalker450 wrote:Portraits rotate now, but they rotate the same as Top Down (Portrait goes upside down)...

I thought that's what you had asked for in this Bug Report. Now I see that you wanted only the figure base to rotate and the portrait/pog to stay upright.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Return to Product Releases