Medieval Armies Artpack

Battlegrounds Games product release announcements

Medieval Armies Artpack

Postby heruca » Tue May 05, 2009 5:04 pm

This artpack, called "Medieval Armies", consists of assorted troops (footsoldiers, cavalry units, leaders, corpses, etc.), all rendered in 5 unique homogenous styles, allowing you to depict five different armies or warring factions.

All 98 figures in this 8.2 MB artpack come pre-sized and pre-rotated for use in Battlegrounds. They've all been scaled to match each other in relative size, and are all high-resolution (122 pixels per cell), so they won't pixelate even at full zoom in BRPG (the first preview image below is only at 150% zoom). The figures are suitable for a game scale of 3 feet per hex (and 5 feet per square, too, of course).

Even when you don't need an army, many of these figures can be used to represent city guards, local lords, or even PCs, so they should be useful in a number of games.

Anyone using BRPG for medieval or fantasy wargaming is bound to want this artpack. :)

The "Medieval Armies" artpack costs $10 for GMs (but, like all artpacks, is free for players). However, it is available for the first two weeks at an introductory price of $9. Half of the proceeds will go to Alynnalizza (the artist), and the other half to support continued development of BRPG. And if this artpack does well, Alynnalizza is almost certainly going to create more artpacks in the future.

Below are preview images of the other four armies/factions. All were taken at 200% zoom, so you can see all the detail.

:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby kato42 » Thu May 07, 2009 6:49 pm

Yummy!
Running 4 player D&D 4th ed. campaign over the net using BRPG 1.6b.
kato42
General

Postby heruca » Sun May 10, 2009 10:24 pm

Just in case some people mistook this thread for a very similar "sneak preview" post I made, I would like to clarify that this artpack has now been released, and is available on the Store page.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby rrvistas » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:41 am

Now all we need to start playing CryHavok is an artpack with armed peasants and women. :)
rrvistas
General

Postby Kepli » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:48 pm

This is an awesome pack 8) :D
Kepli
High Commander

Postby heruca » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:17 pm

It truly is. Which is why I'm surprised it isn't selling much.

Just looking at the preview pics again makes me want to play some sort of skirmish game. Perhaps I'll run one during the next FUMcon...
heruca
Developer

Postby Alynnalizza » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:45 pm

Kato, Kepli,

Thank you. I had a fun time making this pack and have more in mind. :D

Hmm, Armed peasants, serfs, and others. Sounds interesting.

Thanks,
Jeff
Asgardnorth.net & Asgardnorth.com , 2 sources for your Fantasy Needs. Com for freebies, Net for commercial items. Stop by and take a look.
Alynnalizza
Captain

Postby Kepli » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:14 pm

I am already creating a sub-plot that involves a lot of these tokens :D

BTW I usually use your tokens for PCs and NPCs :wink:
Do you take commissions?
Kepli
High Commander

Postby Alynnalizza » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:20 pm

Kepli wrote:I am already creating a sub-plot that involves a lot of these tokens :D

BTW I usually use your tokens for PCs and NPCs :wink:
Do you take commissions?

Yep, commissions of sorts. Depending on number and the like I am always willing to have a look. :D
Asgardnorth.net & Asgardnorth.com , 2 sources for your Fantasy Needs. Com for freebies, Net for commercial items. Stop by and take a look.
Alynnalizza
Captain

Postby Kepli » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:47 pm

I could ask for specific characters, so my group can each have their own unique token, but they already like the ones they picked from your tokens.
However, what I miss is a good Pirate token pack.
Not just human, elf, dwarf, gnome and halfling pirates, but perhaps also some Orc, Goblin, Sahuagin, Minotaurs, Scrags (Sea trolls), Sea Elves, Hadozee (see Stormwrack handbook), Malenti (Sahuagin who look like Sea Elves), Merrow (sea Ogres), Darfellan (also Stormwrack).
And of course loads of sea monsters :)

The main bad guys are a Minotaur Pirate King, a few mages and priests and some high level fighters.
Kepli
High Commander

Postby Alynnalizza » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:26 pm

Hmm, interesting list. I'll have to see what I have. :D
Alynnalizza
Captain

Return to Product Releases