Icon movement

Mark
Soldier

Icon movement

Post by Mark » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:00 pm

When I tested out the demo (using two instances) I noticed that on the players side, icons jump to their new position. Is there a way to have them "slide" to the new position so that it is easier to visual track the movement? Is this functionality already is in the program (and I missed it in the preferences), or is it something that could be implemented? I sometimes missed the "teleported" movement of icons unless staring at the screen.

Fab program, btw!

Best,

Tyndale

Ziggurattt
Cannon Fodder

Post by Ziggurattt » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:38 pm

I wondered about this as well, for trap-triggering purposes that only activate on certain squares.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:14 pm

Ziggurattt wrote:I wondered about this as well, for trap-triggering purposes that only activate on certain squares.
For trap triggering, you would actually want an approved movement / pathing feature where the player indicates the PC's actual path.

Mark was just talking about a straight line transitory animation that would help people figure out when and where units have been moved.

All of the above features have been suggested in the past BTW and heruca has indicated previously that they will be added eventually. ;-)

Mark
Soldier

Post by Mark » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:26 pm

Omnidon wrote:Mark was just talking about a straight line transitory animation that would help people figure out when and where units have been moved.
Exactly
Omnidon wrote:heruca has indicated previously that they will be added eventually. ;-)
Woot.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:18 am

Both figures and objects should be smoothly sliding from point A to point B on connected clients. Are you saying this simply isn't happening for you? Does it work sometimes but not others? What version of BRPG are you running?

The only think I can imagine is that someone is moving the unit with the movement keys and tapping them very fast, not giving a chance for the "slide" animation to take place. Could that be it?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Mark
Soldier

Post by Mark » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:33 pm

Let me take a look again this weekend and get back to you with what is happening - I am swamped : ). I am running 1.3e.

heruca
Developer

Re: Icon movement

Post by heruca » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:48 am

Mark wrote:When I tested out the demo (using two instances) I noticed that on the players side, icons jump to their new position. Is there a way to have them "slide" to the new position so that it is easier to visual track the movement?
This has been in place for Figures for a long time, but in BRPG v1.4g, I've also added this functionality to Objects. Another new addition to v1.4g is that both Figures and Objects will now animate any facing/rotation changes on remote clients (so, for example, when you rotate a door token to open or close it, that animated effect occurs not only on the GM's screen, but also on the players' screens).
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.