Video tutorials for Battlegrounds: RPG Edition

"How Do I...?"
heruca
Developer

Video tutorials for Battlegrounds: RPG Edition

Post by heruca » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Note:
QuickTime is required to view these tutorials (or some other media player that supports H.264 encoding).

Tutorial 1: Dice Rolling and Dice Macros
Small Version
Large Version

It's around 16 minutes long. I suggest you right-click the link and select to download it to disk, rather than try to play the video in your browser.

Tutorial 2: How to Install an Adventure Module
Installation by the GM
Installation by a Player

These are short and sweet, and should play fine in your web browser. The same procedure is used to install any adventure module, although the exact files in each module will vary.

More tutorials will be added to this list as they become available.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:01 am

Tutorial 3: How to Use and Configure the Turn Sequencer
Download video
Running time is about 11 minutes long. Sorry about the sound quality.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:08 am

Tutorial 4: Porting a boardgame into Battlegrounds

This 3-part tutorial will walk you through the entire process of porting a boardgame into Battlegrounds. Each part is approximately 14 minutes long. Although this tutorial deals with porting one particular game, the intent is to show you how a similar process could be applied to convert any given boardgame.

Part 1:
Focuses on creating the digital game components using a graphics program (in this case, Adobe Photoshop), then organizing the assets into folders for eventual use in Battlegrounds.

Link to video

Part 2:
Focuses on importing the digital game components into Battlegrounds.

Link to video

Part 3:
Focuses on laying out the game components into a playable game, and packaging the boardgame conversion for distribution.

Link to video