Hex Snap-To Broken

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
cliff
Sergeant

Hex Snap-To Broken

Post by cliff » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:13 am

I've decided to take another look at BRPG, and it looks like mini handling on hex maps leaves a bit to be desired. The snap-to centering loses its mind very quickly, with the mini moving off-center slightly with each step - noticeable after one step and too pronounced to be usable by the third step.

Is there a workaround for this? Is this a known bug that is going to be fixed soon? I've written hex-based center snapping/movement code of my own, and know that this can be a pretty complex routine to get perfect.

cliff
Sergeant

Post by cliff » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:36 am

Oh, right... the v1.08a version listed as non-beta here and using Windows XP.

cliff
Sergeant

Post by cliff » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:40 am

Tried it in the 1.1 beta, problem persists, but only when trying to use numkey movement... click-n-drag movement works fine.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:37 am

Thanks for pointing this out, Cliff. It sounds like it might be a rounding error of some sort that accumulates the further you move the token.

Until this is fixed, I suggest you use the drag method of moving units, or click on a unit that has gotten off-center to re-center it (snap-to-grid must be on, of course).
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:07 am

Actually, now that I've checked this out for myself, it's not a rounding error. More likely just bath math or obsolete code. Will try to get it fixed soon.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:32 am

This is fixed for v1.2. :)

cliff
Sergeant

Post by cliff » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:25 pm

Awesome, can't wait. Until then, clicking will work fine.

Cheers!