Flip Over Card in addition to Draw Card

Non-bug comments, suggestions, and feature requests for BRPG and/or BGE
Motdc
Captain

Flip Over Card in addition to Draw Card

Post by Motdc » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:34 am

I get the card-game style of drawing a card with a "secret token" so it is like drawing it and putting it in your hand.

My suggestion is to support the other card deck use case you often see in RPG and other games. And that is you are flipping over the top card and placing it face-up on the table. This is very common for event decks, treasure decks, and games that use decks in place of dice for the random element.

I am aware that you can draw and then discard and it kind of achieves the same effect, but it is a bit confusing (especially in the chat log) and is another set of keystrokes to have to hit.

Thanks!

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:56 am

Can't you just use the token-swapping hotkey to reveal the card after dragging it off the deck?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Motdc
Captain

Post by Motdc » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:09 pm

I'm sure I can. Just seemed like if you have a nifty shortcut/right-click to draw a card in one simple step that a nifty shortcut/right-click to flip over the top card onto the table would be nice to have too.

Motdc
Captain

Post by Motdc » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:14 pm

Actually, now that you mention it, I have never been able to swap tokens with a shortcut. Can't seem to make it work. I've trive both the Less Than/Greater Than and neither worked.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:20 pm

Don't use the Shift key.

I called the token-swapping hotkeys "<" and ">" because they are easy to remember for cycling through a unit's various tokens either forward or backward (the arrrow keys were already taken for other functions), but in reality, you are pressing the "," (comma) and "." (period) keys.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Motdc
Captain

Post by Motdc » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:29 pm

Ah that is much better :)