Dundjinni site is moved to new ISP

Share your favorite RPG-related and wargame-related links with the Battlegrounds community
Kepli
High Commander

Dundjinni site is moved to new ISP

Post by Kepli » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:59 am

Guess a lot of you have already noticed that the Dundjinni site is down for maintenance. I was under the impression I already posted something about that here, but it seems I forgot ... [ahum] :oops:

The old ISP is closing down and has notified Mindy (owner of Dundjinni Enterprises) a while ago. However, she never received/read that message. After some time I decided to contact the ISP myself, since issues weren't being solved on the Dundjinni forums. Then I found out they were closing down and I contacted Mindy right away. She asked the ISP to give them some extra time and got out to find a new ISP. Now the whole site and all the databases (you all know how much items and maps are in there :wink: ) are being moved over to the new ISP.

Let's all hope this will be finished soon ... :D

Kepli

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:34 am

I hope the files can be transferred via sneaker-net on a hard drive/s. Transferring all that over the internet would take ages!
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:31 pm

Dundjinni is back online people ... and the max upload has increased from 1MB to 2MB :D

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:53 pm

Yay!

Thanks for the heads up, Kepli.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:47 pm

Kepli wrote:Dundjinni is back online people
Good news. ;-)
Kepli wrote: and the max upload has increased from 1MB to 2MB :D
Wow, didn't realize it was so small in the first place. :P Even 2MB isn't much, though I guess with the massive volume of uploads that Dundjinni gets it is understandable.

grofaz
Soldier

Post by grofaz » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:31 am

I cannot purchase the mapmaker tool. I am in dire need of this (MAC) can anyone point to a 3rd party vendor? I really need this to get my prototype up and running. it's taking me ages with CC3... thanks.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:38 am

I don't think a third-party vendor would help. The CD-ROM version of DJ contains v1.0.4, and you need v1.0.7 to work on modern OSes with recent versions of Java.

We've all got our fingers crossed hoping the DJ Store comes back online at some point, but it doesn't look good, since Mindy (the owner of DJ) is still missing in action.

What kind of prototype are you working on?

grofaz
Soldier

Post by grofaz » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:06 am

I am developing a dystopic.sci-fi/military platoon level wargame. I already finished most lore/background, counter artwork and currently working on the rules and "map".

If anyone is willing to sell their Dundjin copy for the MAC OSX I would be interested. I can get the update from the forum Admin, I already contacted him.

All the best.

Alynnalizza
Captain

Post by Alynnalizza » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:26 pm

grofaz wrote:I am developing a dystopic.sci-fi/military platoon level wargame. I already finished most lore/background, counter artwork and currently working on the rules and "map".

If anyone is willing to sell their Dundjin copy for the MAC OSX I would be interested. I can get the update from the forum Admin, I already contacted him.

All the best.
Just searched my Mac for my copy, and it's not there. :( Will look for any stray code I have in emails, or the like.
Asgardnorth.net & Asgardnorth.com , 2 sources for your Fantasy Needs. Com for freebies, Net for commercial items. Stop by and take a look.

Alynnalizza
Captain

Post by Alynnalizza » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:34 pm

Off course, I can find my email stating I purchased it, but... no code or anything. Sorry.
Asgardnorth.net & Asgardnorth.com , 2 sources for your Fantasy Needs. Com for freebies, Net for commercial items. Stop by and take a look.

grofaz
Soldier

Post by grofaz » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:10 pm

Alynnalizza wrote:Off course, I can find my email stating I purchased it, but... no code or anything. Sorry.
If you email the Admin with your receipt he'll square you away, here is the thread:

http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/forum_p ... ID=21&PR=3

Hope it helps

Alynnalizza
Captain

Post by Alynnalizza » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:59 pm

I've contacted Kepli, I'll see what he can do. If I can square it away, I might be interested in selling my copy. (Already have sold my PC copy, had a MAC version as well)

grofaz
Soldier

Post by grofaz » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:00 pm

Alynnalizza wrote:I've contacted Kepli, I'll see what he can do. If I can square it away, I might be interested in selling my copy. (Already have sold my PC copy, had a MAC version as well)
Appreciate it, let me know.

cyberunner8
Captain

Waiting with baited breath, For Dundjinni to start selling!

Post by cyberunner8 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:33 pm

I had gotten the new (to me anyways) BRPG, got the go ahead to buy a copy of Dundjinni, when whoa and behold, nada, no copies to have.

I was impressed with the quality of the map art. Oh, well! I have scavenged enough art to make nice but bulky maps. Sour grapes and all that (hangdog facial expression).

On the upside I am really IMPRESSED with all the contribution of the gaming community.

Now, if I can get my players to get off their butts and hand in the character sheets. The plight of the GM 'Sigh'. ;) It's good to play again.

-cyberunner8 8)

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:39 am

Just letting everyone know that only the owner of Dundjinni Enterprises is able to generate codes. The Store where the codes for all purchases are kept (and you would normally be able to view) is still down. So you basically only have your own administration (I keep all my codes, passwords, etc in a text file) or the registry of the machine that your older DJ version was installed on to get the codes. For more information visit the DJ forums.

Sorry for all this, but us Admins and Moderators are just volunteers handling the Dundjinni forum. All commercial stuff is outside of our reach ... :(

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:58 pm

Finally some good news: the Dundjinni Store is open again :D

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:24 pm

Great to hear! I had lost all hope, so this is a pleasant surprise. Thanks for the heads up.