Art Packs Question

"How Do I...?"
kato42
General

Art Packs Question

Post by kato42 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:56 pm

I'm thinking that some of the Art Packs may be nice to have. But I'd like to look at what is on there before I buy (unless they are *really* cheap).

I already have the ACS Dungeon Basic Set that almost does everything I need, but not quite. Is there some way to take a peak at what is in the art packs before I buy?

I assume all the tiles are oversized so that when shrunk down to fit they can be zoomed in and won't develop 'jaggies'?

I'm looking at updating our group to 1.4e, so will be able to use artpacks with them.
Running 4 player D&D 4th ed. campaign over the net using BRPG 1.6b.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:33 pm

The art in the Component Dungeon Pack is all at 122 pixels per cell, so that there are no jaggies even at full zoom. When placing the objects in BRPG, you should set the scale to 50%.

The ACS contains 33 pieces (27 tiles, plus 6 doors), while CDP 1 contains 234 tiles, so that should give you some idea of the increased variety and flexibility.

I'll try to put together some sort of "contact sheet" that shows all the pieces.
Last edited by heruca on Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:38 pm

Here are the contents of CDP 1.
Attachments
Part 1.png
Part 1.png (169.96 KiB) Viewed 8710 times
Part 2.png
Part 2.png (151.48 KiB) Viewed 8707 times
Part 3.png
Part 3.png (111.88 KiB) Viewed 8704 times
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

kato42
General

Post by kato42 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:06 pm

Way cool! 8)

Thanks! :D

kato42
General

Post by kato42 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:10 pm

Just wanted to add that I've been using this recently, and it is great to work with. Much easier than any tile set I've used before. Of course the BRPG enhancement that keeps a setting for an individual tile stored for next time is really handy too! :D

I just want to make a request -

DOORS!

I'd love some doors that fit with the style of these tiles. :)

And if someone could find a way that they would rotate properly that would be cool too (i.e. open versus closed door 'hinging' properly).

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:46 pm

kato42 wrote:I just want to make a request -

DOORS!

I'd love some doors that fit with the style of these tiles. :)
I think I've seen some doors that might fit those textures.
Try searching for "RPG Maker XP" and "RPG Maker VX" tilesets along with keywords such as 'indoor', 'city', 'sewer', 'castle', and 'dungeon'.

Although the individual tiles in those sets are 32x32, the objects such as doors included with RPGM tilesets are much bigger than a single tile and often would work fine with simple dungeon tiles such as those.

If I get the chance I'll glance through my personal collections later and see if I find anything.
kato42 wrote:And if someone could find a way that they would rotate properly that would be cool too (i.e. open versus closed door 'hinging' properly).
I expect you could make a door rotate properly by using two copies of the door graphic; one in the closed position and one in the open position, using the BRPG multiple token feature to switch between.

Once BRPG gets Flash integration, we could get fully animated doors that will open and close simultaneously on all clients..

GarrenTD
Soldier

Door Hinging

Post by GarrenTD » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:32 am

Kato...it will take some tinkering, based on the type/swing that you desire...you have to adjust your offset to place door's pivot point (on the side desired) at the center of the overall object...then, you just need to select and rotate.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:58 am

The last post in this thread might help.

cyderak
Captain

Post by cyderak » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:47 pm

I'd be more than willing to use flash animations in my games.

Adds a new dynamic that just adds to the wow factor.

I use Battlegrounds on my Computer gaming Table. Heres the link to pictures:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/members/cy ... derak.html

Anyone have any links to a flash animation site Where I could download some flash animations for Battlegrounds?

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:50 pm

cyderak wrote:I'd be more than willing to use flash animations in my games.
Well, unfortunately BG doesn't have functional Flash integration yet. heruca made a start on it but has apparently been distracted by bugfixes and other feature requests.

Flash animations can still be used in BG of course, but they won't synchronize between clients. In other words, if the GM caused a Flash-based door to animate opening on his screen, it would still remain closed on the players' screens.
cyderak wrote:Anyone have any links to a flash animation site Where I could download some flash animations for Battlegrounds?
I haven't personally seen any large collections of Flash-based object animations, aside from things like menu-buttons for websites. I haven't really looked though.

However, if you have existing animations in some other format or the frame images needed to create one or more animations, I'd be happy to convert them to Flash for you.

Most basic animations (those that don't require interactive features) that are available on the web are in the .GIF format.
.GIFs are basically just a series of still image frames that play in a continuous loop.