Can I run BRPG from a 64 GB flash stick drive?

geldoon

Can I run BRPG from a 64 GB flash stick drive?

Post by geldoon » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:34 am

I let you know a while ago that I needed to do a custome intsall of win7 and so need to wipe my HDD. As such, as per instructions, I was waiting to set up an external HDD to put brpg on it permanently but I'm having trouble getting the new HDD but I do have a 64 GB flash drive and I was wondering if I could use it for brpg (and keep the programme on there permanently) and will the programme run from this drive as if it was a HDD. I don't know much about computers as I have said in previous posts, but it is my understanding that athe flash drives are effectively a small, movable HDD. The only thing I am not sure of is transfer rates and if a flash drives transfer rate is good enough to run the programme effectively or should I wait for the proper HDD (and if I do wait and you guys develop a new version of the prog. in the meantime will the demo code I send still be able to get the activation code). I hope I have explained this clearly enough, I know it's all a bit of a muddle. Thanks for any help.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:46 am

Yes, other people have used BG on Flash drives. It's definitely slower loading large media files, but I recall at least one person said they didn't mind the difference in speed.

zWolf
Soldier

Post by zWolf » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:35 am

also, the 64 GB thumb drive I have is mega slow, when compared to my smaller 16 GB one... it may not be the 'size' but speed could certainly be an issue that you'd want to test out.

if it didn't work on the 64 GB drive, try something faster.