New guy browsing about

Mekage
Cannon Fodder

New guy browsing about

Post by Mekage » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:09 am

Hey everybody just found this today and after looking about in the demo I was wondering if I could join in a game to test out the waters. The types of games I like are Heroes system, (personal favorite) exalted, Anima (no one probably has heard of this one), L5R, WHFRP , and Dark Heresy due to it being similar to WHFRP. I am open for anything just let me know either here or IM me Darthmekage (AIM).

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:16 am

Welcome, Mekage.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Mekage
Cannon Fodder

Post by Mekage » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:43 am

Wow looking over this (even though I am about to pass out due to sleep needs) just a bit and I am very impressed with what I can do with the program. I sorta wish it had features for character sheets so it would be easier to get some players into some not to well known games (Anima beyond fantasy for one) but I digress. I would also be open for GMing a Anima game with the new starter/made adventure I got for it but players would need to be able to go with the premades for it for less confusion. Oh and quick question can a demo version (what I have at the moment) allow you to DM or GM a game? Oh and two thumbs up for this software :D

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:36 am

Mekage wrote:Oh and quick question can a demo version (what I have at the moment) allow you to DM or GM a game? Oh and two thumbs up for this software :D
Only for 45 minutes.
There's no "Floating GM License" feature at this time, just floating player licenses, so there's no way to temporarily turn a demo client into a fully privileged GM.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:33 am

The free Demo allows you to GM a game, but only for 45 minutes, after which the program quits. But you can always relaunch the Demo and run another 45 minute session, if you need more time to evaluate the software.

And the Demo only allows you to place up to 12 tokens on a map, so you won't be able to create very elaborate Encounters.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Mekage
Cannon Fodder

Post by Mekage » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:32 pm

Cool that is enough time to get a good idea if this could be as fun as I think it could be. Not a lot of traffic here though it seems or maybe its the systems that I like

Mekage
Cannon Fodder

Post by Mekage » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:04 am

Maybe I should make a thread about wanting to gm a quick game?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:30 am

Feel free to do so.

The sad fact is that I haven't seen much success come from these game-matching subforums. Most people seem to play with folks they already know in real life.

Kilgs
Cannon Fodder

Post by Kilgs » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:00 am

Been playing around with the demo and thinking about going full-bore but I would definitely like to hook up with another user to make sure it runs well (ports etc).

Let me know!

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:44 pm

Welcome, Kilgs.

I should be able to run a demo sometime this weekend or this coming week for anyone that is interested. I'll post more details once I know what my availability will be like.