Tomb of Shamughob

cliff
Sergeant

Tomb of Shamughob

Post by cliff » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:47 am

Hi there!

This is my first map which I am putting together for a GURPS 4e Dungeon Fantasy game. I'm pretty happy with the result, so I thought I'd go ahead and share it.

I created a map to be played on and also a map for a GM reference. I didn't include a grid for the play map, but since the GM reference map is intended not to be shown I did put a grid on it. Since not everyone plays GURPS, I went ahead and included both square and hex maps.

Also note that I didn't include doors on the play map so that the GM can place doors as objects so they can be modified when opened easily.

The grid settings for the map are 32x32.

Cheers!
Attachments
Tomb_of_Shamughob.jpg
Play Map
Tomb_of_Shamughob.jpg (659.97 KiB) Viewed 448 times
Tomb_of_Shamughob_DM_Square.jpg
DM Reference Map Square Grid
Tomb_of_Shamughob_DM_Square.jpg (282.4 KiB) Viewed 443 times
Tomb_of_Shamughob_GM_Hex.jpg
GM Reference Map Hex Grid
Tomb_of_Shamughob_GM_Hex.jpg (329.72 KiB) Viewed 440 times

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:32 am

Very cool, Cliff!

The reference maps are kind of neat, in that they show a clean style of map that could be used by people who find the detailed, full-color DJ maps to be distracting or overbearing, or somehow limiting to the imagination. They're like a cleaner version of what a GM might have drawn with dry-erase markers on a plastic battlemat.

Thanks for sharing these with the community.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

cliff
Sergeant

Post by cliff » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:54 pm

Thanks!

The biggest reason I personally wanted the reference maps was because I wasn't real sure how else to mark but not show secret and concealed doors.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:02 pm

BRPG comes with markers for secret, trapped, locked, and concealed doors. Look in the Objects folder. The GM would deploy most of these as hidden objects, and reveal them as they are discovered.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

allen
Cannon Fodder

Post by allen » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:54 pm

Really nice job. Very clean and attractive, and I like the way the treasure room is either at the other side of a big pit or an extensive dungeon crawl.