Testing v1.0.2 right now, join in if you want

A place for BRPG and BGE users to socialize
heruca
Developer

Testing v1.0.2 right now, join in if you want

Post by heruca » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:30 am

I'm hosting a BRPG session right now for a little while, to test v1.0.2.

If you've already upgraded, you're welcome to join me. I'll be testing the new map transfers, and other stuff. Perhaps I can give a few pointers or answer questions while we're at it.

IP address: 190.16.46.137
Port 1626 (the default)
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:37 am

Done testing for tonight, so don't bother trying to join now.

Thanks for helping me test, Tlichie. (now give your husband the mouse back :lol: )

We found a few problems, but at least the map transfer worked. :D
Last edited by heruca on Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Tlichie
Captain

Post by Tlichie » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:45 am

well, I think the test run went well :D

max size map took a while to download, but did "draw" line by line, and though it took a while it did fill in all parts, the speed was probably slowed by the fact I had several other apps up and I realized I haven't actually rebooted this computer for a few days :P so that likely did slow it down quite a bit. However, even at the speed that it was...it would make for a great break for folks to get food, etc.

light moved with figures under FoW

the GM controlled zoom will be a fantastic GM "trick" to grab player's attention! Especially when paired with the forced view :twisted:

biggest issue seems to be the dice rolling. at the moment the GM needs to be selected to see the rolls (which then don't go to everyone). I didn't see any of heruca's rolls, but I'm not sure what the settings were. But I'm sure that'll be fixed quickly!

Looks good! :D
--Tlichie

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:55 am

Another issue was units losing their offset settings. And the chat started to input really slowly on my end (as host/GM).

I found it annoying that the "Chat As..." menu kept defaulting to an incorrect setting every time I opened and closed the chat window. It kept using the proper settings, but wasn't indicating the setting I chose, which can get confusing.

I'll try to get these issues squared away real quick for you all. Alas, tomorrow is probably out for me, because I believe I'm in for a root canal. :(

Tlichie
Captain

Post by Tlichie » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:58 am

oh no! well, definately take a break if you're in for that sort of thing! Hope it goes smoothly.
--Tlichie

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:14 am

Hmm too bad I missed it :P

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:28 am

No worries. I'll do it again soon. For testing purposes, at first, but eventually I'll start running demos and tutorial sessions.