What will you run first?

A place for BRPG and BGE users to socialize
smatt1001
General

What will you run first?

Post by smatt1001 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:53 pm

Since BRPG is so close to 1.0 (hopefully, crosses fingers)
I'm wondering what everybody will be running first.

Personally I have a group that wants to do a Gestalted Eberron campaign so we'll probably start there.

Depending on how dice support is for 1.0 we might move from there into some Shadowrun but but beyond that who knows....

Edit: Since I can't seem to type or spell this evening
Well, if BRPG someday becomes a household name (at least among gamer households), smatt1001 will be able to boast that he was the first person in the world to buy a license.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:55 am

I'll probably prepare a couple of vanilla fantasy one-shots to use for demoing BRPG to folks that are interested in getting a walkthrough of the software.

Further down the road, I'd like to create something for my old f2f group to play through. That's partly why I made this, after all. :)
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:09 am

I'll probably only use BRPG for regional and overland maps at first.

I haven't worked out how I'll do battles in it yet, nor have I decided on what sort of maps and figures I would use.

Fenthen
Sergeant

Post by Fenthen » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:28 am

I have a DnD 3.5 campaign thats been over a month in the works thats ill be using first. Given that my group works out how to use everything and the mixture of ventrillo and BG works then due to multiple people moving out of state in the last couple months all of our games could potentially move on-line with BG so: Starwars D20, Shadowrun (assuming I still want to learn 4th edition), Dragonlance, Mutants and masterminds.

So many of us moved recently that the Dragonlance campaign cannot continue and after 2 modules and 14 lvl's we have alot invested in those characters... we are all hoping BG is our Dragonlance savior, heh.

Full Bleed
General

Perhaps Dragonlance...

Post by Full Bleed » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:43 am

Still not sure if VTT's are the answer I've been looking for yet, but I've been kicking around the idea of running a 1st Edition classic Dragonlance game (the 14 module basis of Chronicles.)

Of course, since most of the people I'd play with have read the books, I'd be mixing things up a bit and throwing in some new twists, turns, and bad guys to keep them honest. It would be kind of a "Terminator" meets "Dragonlance" scenario where something, using the same sort of time travel from Legends, has been sent back to change the outcome of the War. The original heroes and prominent figures associated with their victory are being killed off before they can fulfill their destinies. The new "heroes" will have to figure out how to step into the empty roles and keep key figures from being killed...

Basically, those characters who have read the books and have some working knowledge of how the Heroes of the Lance did things will be from some point in the future. Those who haven't read the books will be from the "present." ;)

If that works out ok, I've got some long running games with some characters that go back 15-20 years that I could bring back into action with guys that have spread out across the US.

I figure the relatively close-ended DL game will help me work through the kinks and figure out how to create some decent maps before breaking into the heavy-duty stuff.

Tlichie
Captain

Post by Tlichie » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:15 pm

Well, first I'll be looking for some games to participate in as a player so I can see the software from that standpoint :) Then I'll probably work on my loosely warhammer based system for games. Gotta find the time for gaming now though :(
--Tlichie

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:02 am

I will be creating maps and art that can be used in BG and will use the software as standalone application first to show battles to my players. Probably try to use two monitors first. :)