Non-D20 games

A place for BRPG and BGE users to socialize
Fenthen
Sergeant

Non-D20 games

Post by Fenthen » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:12 pm

Has anyone ran a BG game or tested BG out with a non-D20 system yet?

any issues so far?

The reason im asking is because im planning on running Shadowrun as soon as Ive show my group the ropes using 3.5 DnD (easiest system for this IMO).

smatt1001
General

Post by smatt1001 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:00 pm

I've tried some shadowrun setup the only problem I've had with it when trying to do shadowrun is the fact that I can't roll more than 9d6 at a time but if I remeber right that's already set to be fixed
Well, if BRPG someday becomes a household name (at least among gamer households), smatt1001 will be able to boast that he was the first person in the world to buy a license.

Fenthen
Sergeant

Post by Fenthen » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:08 pm

well thats an easy fix too, just keep track. its alittle inconveinient but if thats the only issue , its not a big one :)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:37 pm

Games that use cards or non-traditional dice might be a bit tricky to play, but I plan to add support for those, too, eventually.

The Die Roller panel is due for an overhaul, and I also want to make the dice show up in the map window (so you can roll more dice at once), and I'd like to allow for dice pools.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Jixxala
Captain

Post by Jixxala » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:02 am

In the testing I have done with PGS on BPRPG the only difficulty is the dice thing. That has already been addressed, so no point rehashing. In my face to face games I often mod the dice (like a d5 is just a d10 halved). It is not like I have a bag of d5s laying around. So the work arounds of rolling 5d6s twice for 10d6, or non-standard dice is no big deal to me atm.

I have noticed no other difficulties with BPRPG and my system, but then again I have been designing it with VTs in mind. Nothing big, it just means I don't use cards, etc that are hard to get ahold of of get jpgs (PNGs) of.
Jixxala
Developer of PGS (Pegasus Gaming System)
Current state - Alpha
Beta starts October.
www.Pegasus-Foundation.com