Attention Writers!

A place for BRPG and BGE users to socialize
NiteSkie
Soldier

Attention Writers!

Post by NiteSkie » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:42 pm

First I want to thank Heruca for letting me post this here, looking forward to finally getting to play with the software on release.

To you all writers out there that troll these boards, you might want to check out a new website for authors.

I have recently opened The Slush Pile ( www.slush-pile.com ). The basic idea of the site is to help authors improve, and get published. The site members vote monthly on stories posted to the anonymous section. The stories that get the most votes are reviewed by our staff editor, and if good enough, are sent out to publishers. We try to get permission to send the story directly to their editors, rather than have the story go to the slush pile at the publication.

There are two sections to the site. The public section, where you can post your work and get reviews and critiques, and the anonymous section, where you post your work, get reviews and critiques anonymously and are eligible for the monthly vote.

If you aren't an author, and instead just love to read, there is something for you too. You can read, review and vote on the stories members post to the site. We are always looking for helpful people who love to read.

We also list conventions and contests that we have researched for writers, and there is a submission tracker for authors who are submitting work. The tracker is available to all members, and all entries that go in will be available on the site so that people can see turn around time and acceptance rates of publications.
From now until July 31st we are also running a contest. You can check it out on the site.

Also, in the future I plan to purchase some licenses for BRPG and offer them as a contest reward. That is down the road, however.

Check it out if you want to :). We are just starting out, so there aren't many stories up yet. I'm hoping to grow quickly though and be able to help some of the good authors out there get published!

Cheers,
NiteSkie
Admin Of The Slush Pile
jade@slush-pile.com

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:33 am

Cool NiteSkie ... will definitely check it out. I know a few people who write and would like to get known for their work. I will direct them to your site too :)

I would love to post something myself and have enough ideas for stories, but since my English is not completely up to standards for writing, I will leave that to others ;) (or is there also a Dutch submission thread? <grin>)

aegean
Soldier

Post by aegean » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:12 am

Kepli wrote:I would love to post something myself and have enough ideas for stories, but since my English is not completely up to standards for writing, I will leave that to others ;) (or is there also a Dutch submission thread? <grin>)
note to all: having chatted with Kep, the above quoted person (Kep) has a better grasp of English than most native speakers

so get writing :twisted:
"No, the fat one says he can deal with his problem, then explodes....."

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:24 am

Ha well my cat has a better grasp of english than most americans.

But yeah Kelpi's english seems fine to me. ;-)
Maybe he's just not comfortable writing stories in it.