What games are you looking to play?

A place for BRPG and BGE users to socialize
NiteSkie
Soldier

Post by NiteSkie » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:26 pm

That was me. For some reason there was an issue with logging me in.

Seems to be ok now though.

smatt1001
General

Post by smatt1001 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:17 pm

Looking forward to running some D&D3.5 and some SR4

Weezoh
General

Post by Weezoh » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:14 pm

Well, originally I was going to do Gurps Infinite worlds; but I've changed my mind and am going to run True20 set in necropolis starting with The Coils of Set. So far I have all the maps from the first third of CoS done in Dundjinni.
Macbook Pro
Intel iMac
Mac os 10.5.4

--
Weezoh

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:00 am

Probably a good thing, since hexgrid support is going to have to be added in a post-release update.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Stuart
Sergeant

Post by Stuart » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:36 pm

I'm looking at BPRG despite investing huge amounts of time in FG so that I can run either Rolemaster/MERP or Sengoku - non d20 games.

I like Alternity but I pref. playing the Rolemaster variant ... strangely called "Spacemaster" ...

Hopefully Digital Adventures will one day let me do a Ruleset for the Game of Thrones RPG (d20) which has some nice bits to it.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:20 pm

Hopefully Digital Adventures will someday consider re-releasing their adventures in a BRPG-compatible format, or even better, doing some original content that can take advantage of BRPG's audio and media-handling capabilities.

Version 2 of BRPG will have "packaged adventure" support, with content protection, to protect pros from having their work freely distributed (i.e., pirated). I also plan to create an adventure-buiding/packaging tool (either as a standalone app or an optional plug-in).
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Gwindel
Captain

Post by Gwindel » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:07 pm

I don't know how Digital Adventures work.
I am trying to put together a test adventure (haunted house and a mad sect at work). There won't be much text, it's more going to be the materials to play an adventure than a fully developped one.
I was going to put in different files:
a map (well, just one, that's a small adventure),
the figures,
the needed pieces,
maybe a few illustrations and a cover (which is just a large piece that I am going to place on the map whilst the players are logging and are getting briefed),
maybe the PCs and NPCs sheets (or maybe I'll keep it systemless).

Of course, You'll have to take all those parts and put them in BRPG files.

How would work what you have in mind, is it importing an "adventure file" that would place all the pieces in the appropriate files? Or is the only difference the protection from pirating?
More people are driven insane through religious hysteria than by drinking alcohol. — W. C. Fields

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:06 pm

Right now, all the media assets that you bring into the program by placing them in the appropriate folders gets imported into the "User Cast.cxt" file the first time you use it.

What I was describing for v2 is to distribute a pre-packaged and self-contained "AdventureTitle.cxt" file that contains all the adventure elements inside it, and BRPG would have hooks to this file. This keeps the assets from being easily shared with people who haven't bought the adventure.

The end user experience will essentially be the same as with the method you'll have to use for v1, with the possible exception that v2 may have built-in character sheets with all the stats ready to go.