Introduce yourself

A place for BRPG and BGE users to socialize
heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:36 pm

:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

erian_7
General

Post by erian_7 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:18 pm

Hit you back on a PM, Jixxala. Anybody else interested in this? If so, I could start another thread for a more public discussion.
<>< ;^)

Liv
Soldier

Post by Liv » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:55 am

Hi! I'm Liv.

:D

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:00 am

Hi Liv :D

Welcome aboard this forum ... have fun :wink:

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:08 am

Welcome, Liv.

And congrats on the shortest Introduction yet. :P
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Liv
Soldier

Post by Liv » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:55 pm

heruca wrote:Welcome, Liv.

And congrats on the shortest Introduction yet. :P
Yeah, I'm usually pretty long-winded. What's up with that? :wink:

Tlichie
Captain

I'm Tlichie

Post by Tlichie » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:04 am

Or Sue...whichever you prefer *G* Getting back into gaming again. Originally did D&D in my teens, then a bit in my 20s, then somehow stumbled onto gaming on IRC in the last decade, which was nice given the small-town areas where I lived (where there were groups seemed like they didn't want anything to do with anyone more than 5 years older than they LOL). Then moved to mmorpgs and got hooked up with a great bunch of folks who are r/l friends and old rpg folks (also in their 30s now and a couple have moved away), then in my own town here a group is getting going, and one of the people I game with on the mmorpg expressed interest in tabletop/pen&paper rpging again so I started nosing around and pulling out my Warhammer books. Thought about trying to find some games online for myself, discovered the tabletop programs and well...here I am LOL

IRC can be nice but definately lacks visual aids. (When I first started playing, we didn't have room in the corner of the basement for any sort of visual aids LOL so I didn't miss it terribly when playing on IRC.) I think I'll enjoy using Battlegrounds (it can take me a bit to get used to things sometimes), and I think I'll be able to convince others it's a good thing too :D

Happy to be here!

--Tlichie

Jixxala
Captain

Post by Jixxala » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:22 am

Welcome Tlichie,
It is nice to have anohter MMORPGer here. I mentioned just last week that many of us who play MMORPGs have PnP roots. I think you and your friends will like BPRPG. With the full screen capabilities and a voice chat I think it has the potential to have some of the good things about a MMORPG (full screen emersive graphics) and the best part about PnP. (total freedom of action and real role playing instead of the tired old fetch me lvl 1 rat type quests)

Have you decided yet what game you will be looking at AD&D or Warhammer?

And, if you or your friends are still in any MMORPGs, drop by our website and say hi. We have a couple chapters in different games and are always looking for new friends.
Jixxala
Developer of PGS (Pegasus Gaming System)
Current state - Alpha
Beta starts October.
www.Pegasus-Foundation.com

GMBazUK
Captain

Hi everyone

Post by GMBazUK » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:34 am

Stuff about me.
I was into computers at about the time the zx80 computer became available in the UK, and played some of the really early text based adventure games in the early 80's on one of my many computers (read ZX80, ZX81, Sinclair Spectrum 16/32K, Dragon 32, Vic 20, Commodore 64)
Some of my more enlightened friends started playing DnD and MERP, in about 82/83, and I got involved as a player for about a week, before my thirst for power demanded I GM/DM.

We played as a group for about another year at my parents home, before a friend, whose mother was in charge of a local, and severly delapidated scout hut suggested we should play there. It was free for us.
After about two months I formed a local roleplaying club which soon became extremely popular. Aside from the several gaming sessions going on in various rooms, we had a local minitures enthusiast come by and sell painted minitures, back issues of White Dwarf etc. We arranged trips to the local larping venue in the cave systems of the Royal Forest Dean. A newsletter with original artwork by David Warren (the guy went on to work for Disney - great coffee I understand :)), was handed out. From the small subscription fee, the club accumulated a vast library of systems and modules etc... most of which I have in my attic. Happy times.
In the early 90's the core members went of to Uni etc. and the club finished, shortly before the scout hut more or less collapsed due to neglect.
I started dragging stuff from the attic a couple of months ago after fifteen years, unfortunately most of the original group live far and wide so BG will give me an opportunity to make old acquaintances and hopefully a few new ones.

Baz.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:25 pm

Welcome! I'm glad people are already finding the site again after the outage.

That's a very interesting story. I certainly didn't have such an exciting introduction to roleplaying, though I suppose the most exciting things always take place in the imagination ;-)

I hope BRPG works out for you. Feel free to post any suggestions you have or just chat.

GMBazUK
Captain

Ah shucks

Post by GMBazUK » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:32 pm

You sussed me, Omnidon.

I didnt metion the part when we put the alien in my bicycle basket and...
All complete fabrication, but hi anyway.

Baz.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:30 pm

Welcome Tlichie and GMBazUK :D

(nice site Tlichie)

Tlichie
Captain

Post by Tlichie » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:53 am

Thanks :D I'll get back to making thing and updating the site after the move...so...er...next year sometime LOL Hopefully not that long! So much to do...so much hair to pull.....

--Tlichie
--Tlichie

Fenthen
Sergeant

Post by Fenthen » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:15 am

Hi,

I just thought I would post in here considering ive been lurking for a week or so now with no posts :)

Ive been playing PnP RPG's since I was in high school so roughly 9 ish years on an off. Over the last two years I have been involved in many many games, ranging from Shadowrun to Mutants and masterminds and lots of DnD. Most of the time it was 2 simultanious campaigns in different systems and we would play once or twice a week (college, oh how I miss the free time).

Alas, I just moved to Chicago and I am left without my gaming group (except for the one that moved with me) , So I was alerted to these virtual table top programs. I spent the better part of my first week at my new job scouring the web, heh. I found BG and ive been trying to sell my old group into trying it out with me since.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:48 pm

Welcome, Fenthen.

Good luck convincing your gaming group. :wink:

Suggestion: Wait for RC2. It'll make a better first impression.

Fenthen
Sergeant

Post by Fenthen » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:57 pm

thanks heruca,

Ill take your advice and wait for RC2 but until then im going to play with RC1 just to try and get the hang of stuff. Im throwing myself into this, getting alittle tired of Morpgs, I needs my PnP, heh.

Tlichie
Captain

Post by Tlichie » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:52 pm

Welcome!

Yeah, I've been getting tired of Morpgs too. Just a video game, not much rping going on. It's possible to rp, but difficult when very few other folks are! A face to face PnP group has started in my small town...just as I end up moving of course :-P (good news is that I'm moving into a PnP-rich area). I've used IRC and a dicebot a lot in the past and it has it's advantages, but of course...no visuals. So I believe this will be a far better option :wink:
--Tlichie

Fenthen
Sergeant

Post by Fenthen » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:06 pm

well when I moved I was hoping to find a gaming store and potentially some people to play PnP but to my utter shock I cant find a gaming store in a city of 3 million (comics sure, no gaming)... I moved from a city of 500K and we had 5 within 30 mins any direction, heh.

as for not RP in Morpg's, Im currently in EQ2 which is one of the few out there at the moment that encourages RP. not to mention it looks like gold on my new system, lol.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:36 am

Welcome aboard Fenthen :D

Rapscallion
Cannon Fodder

Post by Rapscallion » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:50 am

Just checking things out the forums while I'm downloading. Hopefully Battlegrounds will meet my needs.

-Raps

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:36 am

Welcome Rapscallion :D

We hope so too :wink:

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:39 am

Yep. Hiya 8)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:19 am

Welcome, Rapscallion.
Rapscallion wrote:Hopefully Battlegrounds will meet my needs.
If it doesn't, be sure to let me know what those needs are. I'm constantly adding user-requested features.

Korvara
Cannon Fodder

Post by Korvara » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:08 am

Well quite a community here...

I guess I better introduce myself, I go by Korvara (Kor) online ever since I started playing Dark Age of Camelot (DAoC) and that was the random name generated for my first toon.

I'm a member of Verndari, a group of online computer gamers that formed because some real life friends wanted a family guild and couldn't find one. Verndari was born with DAoC and has moved on to numerous other MMO games. Chances are if you've played it so has a member of Verndari.

Anyway, more about me...

I was first introduced to RPG games in 4th grade, but that was short lived as the DM moved shortly after starting the game. I've really been gaming, mostly (A)D&D, since 7th grade. I quit for a while in high school and for a good chunk of the time I was in the Marine Corps but after being stationed in Washington D.C. I found a Wizards of the Coast store and D&D 3.0 had just come out. I was quick to jump back into the RPG experience and found a good group of friends to game with regularly, but when I left the Marine Corps I moved back to my hometown and haven't been able to play as much as I'd like.

My DC DM and I talked and he found Screen Monkey and that was ok but it didn't quite have what we needed and it wasn't as reliable as we would have like, so he went looking for a new program and found Battlegrounds. We have yet to actually play-test the game but some of the members in DC have given it a brief test and have decided that we will try it out.

I'm looking forward to seeing what we can do with this as the I've liked what I have seen on the homepage as well as what I've read in the Features area.

Guess that is enough for right now...

Kor

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:26 am

Welcome, Korvara.

Let us know how BRPG works out for you and your group once you've had a chance to test it out in-game.

PS: I used to do computer-based training programs for the USMC, at my last job. Marines rule.