Back after a few years of doing other stuff :)

A place for BRPG and BGE users to socialize
Kepli
High Commander

Back after a few years of doing other stuff :)

Post by Kepli » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:46 am

Hi everyone,

It must have somewhere between two-three years since I posted anything on here.
I am getting back into using digital maps for our gaming sessions (after a lot of whining from the players) and naturally I started BRPG up again. Will need some time to learn everything again, but will be up and running soon :D

So ... without reading tons of threads ... how have thing been going here?

Greetings,
Mark (aka Kepli)

Omnidon
Site Admin

Re: Back after a few years of doing other stuff :)

Post by Omnidon » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:07 pm

Welcome back ;-)
My impression is that not much as changed. heruca has apparently been busy with other projects and has mostly been sticking to stability-related patches for BRPG, though BGE has gotten some new features.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:30 pm

Welcome back, Kepli!

Omnidon is right in that BGE (and game conversions for it) has been getting a lot more attention than BRPG of late. However, there have been some improvements made to BRPG since you've been gone. For starters, there's been a new official release of BRPG (v1.8b) and a new beta release (v1.8c). BRPG v1.8d is currently under development.

Also, Battlegrounds Games now has a Facebook page.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:31 pm

Oh, and If you play any modern-day RPGs, this free artpack may interest you.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:23 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know I am using BRPG a lot again and my group really loves the added visualisations while playing. The hardest part is finding good maps that fit my campaign and finding enough time to do a good preperation. Usually doing stuff on the fly works, but I don't get to use the more fancy features :wink: The one thing I always use is the fog of war.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:39 pm

Good to hear, and nice to see you back here, Kepli. It gets too quiet here, much of the time.

I agree that prep time can be daunting. THat's precisely why my Kickstarter plans are focused on producing quality content in a fairly consistent style. Need to make the GM's life easier, not harder.