And we are back! woot!

A place for BRPG and BGE users to socialize
danielpryor
Cannon Fodder

And we are back! woot!

Post by danielpryor » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:29 am

Been gone for a really long time her on the forums and Dundjini, etc. but I'm popping my head back above ground. Haven't ran any games like in two years. Looks like I'm going to have to update the Battlegrounds software. I was just about to use it two years ago for a game I was doing but actually using it locally. I'm assuming I'll need the run the DM client on my laptop and then also run a player client on a seperate window on my 40" LED TV? Does that sound possible?

Omnidon
Site Admin

Re: And we are back! woot!

Post by Omnidon » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:23 am

danielpryor wrote:I'm assuming I'll need the run the DM client on my laptop and then also run a player client on a seperate window on my 40" LED TV? Does that sound possible?
Certainly. To run two instances of BG on the same computer, you will have to extract it twice into two separate BG folders, and then rename the second executable in the second folder so it gets its own preferences.
You can then use a player license or floating license to activate the second instance so you can connect to your GM client. If I recall correctly, heruca provides a complimentary player license to GMs attempting to run face-to-face sessions in this manner.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:50 pm

Hi Daniel. Welcome back.
Omnidon wrote:If I recall correctly, heruca provides a complimentary player license to GMs attempting to run face-to-face sessions in this manner.
No. Actually, I give out a free second GM license for those who want to prep on one computer but run game sessions from a different computer. However, the two GM clients must operate independently, they may not be used in conjunction.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:47 pm

heruca wrote:No. Actually, I give out a free second GM license for those who want to prep on one computer but run game sessions from a different computer. However, the two GM clients must operate independently, they may not be used in conjunction.
I stand corrected. So face-to-face GMs need to purchase a floating/player license then to utilize fog of war & such?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:09 am

Yes.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.