Request for a collaborator - very simple small game project!

A place for BRPG and BGE users to socialize
Nicolato
Cannon Fodder

Request for a collaborator - very simple small game project!

Post by Nicolato » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi. I'm new here. I am in the video games biz, but this is different. I want to prototype a small board game type game design and am looking for someone who knows how to do that. I can supply graphics, design, rule set, etc - and camaraderie too! Is there anyone out there in this community who might be up for this? Please make yourself known to me and we can begin :)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:24 pm

Welcome, Nicolato.

I'm currently knee-deep in my latest game conversion, so I can't offer to help. But BGE is pretty easy to use, so I urge you to attempt this yourself. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about the procedure.

You might also want to post more details about your game (genre, game mechanics, etc.) to get a volunteer interested.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

rab46
Captain

Post by rab46 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:54 pm

Hi Nicolato,

I've converted several board games for use in BGE and agree with Hernan; BGE is pretty easy to use. Personally, I find the process of creating the BGE versions of the games very satisfying and almost as much fun as playing the games when I've finished. I would be happy to help you through the process if you wanted to try tackling the project yourself. But if you are certain that you don't want to take the plunge, I'm willing to take a look at what you have in mind. Maybe you could PM me with a few details and we can take it from there.

Nicolato
Cannon Fodder

Post by Nicolato » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:18 pm

rab46 wrote:Hi Nicolato,

I've converted several board games for use in BGE and agree with Hernan; BGE is pretty easy to use. Personally, I find the process of creating the BGE versions of the games very satisfying and almost as much fun as playing the games when I've finished. I would be happy to help you through the process if you wanted to try tackling the project yourself. But if you are certain that you don't want to take the plunge, I'm willing to take a look at what you have in mind. Maybe you could PM me with a few details and we can take it from there.
Hi Rab46. This is great! Thank you for your support. I will have a go myself first, as you suggest. I am not particularly confident of my own technical skills so I tend to look at learning new systems with some trepidation! If I get stuck, I'll send you a pm. Thanks again, Nick.

Nicolato
Cannon Fodder

Post by Nicolato » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:20 pm

heruca wrote:Welcome, Nicolato.

I'm currently knee-deep in my latest game conversion, so I can't offer to help. But BGE is pretty easy to use, so I urge you to attempt this yourself. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about the procedure.

You might also want to post more details about your game (genre, game mechanics, etc.) to get a volunteer interested.
Thanks anyhow. Good luck with the conversion!