Maybe just what I'm looking for...

A place for BRPG and BGE users to socialize
Searchin'
Cannon Fodder

Maybe just what I'm looking for...

Post by Searchin' » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:25 pm

Hey All!

I was just thinking that this idea would be perfect for playing Darksword Adventures... which is an RPG that isn't in print anymore and doesn't entirely make sense. I would say so few people know of it that you would find it nearly impossible to put together a tabletop game, but over the net, I may find a handful of people to play via this software. Seems to be a better idea than a forum based game.

Cool stuff.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:44 pm

Welcome, Searchin'.

You're right. It can be very hard to find local players for very obscure games. But the internet makes that a non-issue, if you can find a way to search for people around the world that like the game system in question.

I did a quick search for your game and came up with this:

"Darksword Adventures
1st ed by Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman (1988) Bantam/Spectra
A fantasy RPG set in the world of Weis' and Hickman's Darksword novels. It uses a simple system ("Phantasia") with only five stats: Combat, Prowess, Information, Shape, and Life. It uses "paper-rock-scissor" to resolve conflicts."

I find that last part interesting (and slightly amusing), in an RPG. Perhaps BRPG needs a new game mechanic to handle this. :lol:

BTW, I think I've read those novels, and enjoyed them.

Here's a forum where you may be able to recruit players:
http://www.dragonlanceforums.com/forums ... php?t=4263
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Halebop

Post by Halebop » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:45 pm

Welcome to the forum Searchin'. You seem strangely familiar... :wink: Or perhaps that's just because you are one of the 8 other roleplayers living in New Zealand! :lol:

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:07 am

Oh no, not more Kiwi's :P

Welcome Searchin' :wink:

Searchin'
Cannon Fodder

Post by Searchin' » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:02 pm

Thank you all soooo much for your warm warm welcome! I feel so at home here all ready.

:mrgreen:

Searchin'
Cannon Fodder

Post by Searchin' » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:31 pm

heruca wrote:..."Darksword Adventures
1st ed by Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman (1988) Bantam/Spectra
A fantasy RPG set in the world of Weis' and Hickman's Darksword novels. It uses a simple system ("Phantasia") with only five stats: Combat, Prowess, Information, Shape, and Life. It uses "paper-rock-scissor" to resolve conflicts."
Indeed sir, I have read that review too. It is a little unfair is its mild condescension. The authors I believe were trying to eliminate the need for the typical plethora of RPG paraphernalia. You can do away with all that with a simple d10.

Thanks for the link. I've always debated the idea of starting a site called Darksword Adventures to draw the four other people in the world who would be interested in playing it. We'll see.

Halebop

Post by Halebop » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:52 pm

...and the probability of one of the 8 kiwi RPG players also being one of the 4 Darksword RPG players is....

Searchin'
Cannon Fodder

Post by Searchin' » Mon May 01, 2006 3:53 am

Halebop wrote:...and the probability of one of the 8 kiwi RPG players also being one of the 4 Darksword RPG players is....

Ok then... you can play too.

masterlurker
Captain

Post by masterlurker » Thu May 04, 2006 12:34 pm

For those who want a copy of the book, you can buy one at Amazon Auctions for a penny (plus shipping). They're also supposed to be on eBay for dirt cheap on occasion.
A review on RPGnet.
And another RPGnet review!
And a review at The Morman Literature Database.
~lurker~
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. -- Mark Twain