Intruder !

A place for BRPG and BGE users to socialize
MadWelshWizard
Sergeant

Intruder !

Post by MadWelshWizard » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:49 am

Morning All,

Just thought I'd pop up a quick post to once again say how brilliant BRPG is ! I had an epic eight hour train journey yesterday but thankfully I had my trusty Eee PC NetBook with me and a bunch of Intruder game files from BoardGameGeek (BGG).

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2613/intruder

I'd set nothing up in advance but was able to import my map (from BGG) and then my counters (also from BGG but separated and made translucent with GIMP) in under twenty minutes and then played the game for two hours !

I hadn't set up the combat tables in advance so I used the map screen dice and they worked perfectly.

The double sided tiles along with the stack and shuffle command meant I had no idea where the intruder was for the game (which is indeed the point) and moving the tiles around and dice rolling couldn't have been easier.

I don't have any in-progress shots but attached to this post is a picture of the 'cleaner' version I knocked up when I got home ready to start play. All the dice rolls (combat and self defence with all the different weapons) are now pre-loaded dice macros and I also grabbed a radar blip image from the magical t'interweb to represent the hidden counters.

The interface was so intuitive my non game fanatic partner Em's even took control for a few turns and thought we could play more board games with BRPG as the setup time (and clear up) is minimal and there's no clutter around the front room !

Keep up the good work Heruca !

Craig
Webmaster
Orcs in the Webbe
www.orcsinthewebbe.co.uk
Attachments
Intruder - Ready to Play.jpg
Intruder Board Game - After setup and ready to start play
Intruder - Ready to Play.jpg (515.35 KiB) Viewed 2932 times

rrvistas
General

Post by rrvistas » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:07 am

Looks cool! Nobody would ever guess that "Alien" was the inspiration for the game.... ;)

Will you post the game here for us to play?
Where can I get the rules?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:11 am

This is so cool! I've been hoping someone else would take the plunge and start creating their own digital game conversions for Battlegrounds. It really isn't very hard, and there are now features in place that make most boardgames playable (and in some cases, the end result can even be far superior to the original printed game, both in graphic appeal and playability).

The BGG site is an incredible resource, and many game listings contain everything you need (maps, tokens, card images, etc.) to make your own virtual version (as you've proven).

I'd love to try a game of Intruder with you one of these days. I'm not familiar with the rules, but it certainly looks like my kinda game. Looks like it plays fast, too.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:14 am

By the way, great use of the Views feature!

You could use a space (" ") as a View name, if you don't like the underscore.

You might want to check your autosave directory. It might contain files from your train ride game session that could be used to generate "in-game" screenshots.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

MadWelshWizard
Sergeant

Post by MadWelshWizard » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:28 pm

Heya Heruca,

Each day I genuinely think of a slightly different way to use BRPG :)

I was on version G on the train so my saved encounters and save games files don't load, I just get an error message.

I've got another question about hexes but will play around a bit more before posting.

C.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:53 pm

MadWelshWizard wrote:I was on version G on the train so my saved encounters and save games files don't load, I just get an error message.
Ah. Well, there's a fairly easy fix for that.