Dundjinni & RPGMapshare down...

A place for BRPG and BGE users to socialize
Worg
Cannon Fodder

Dundjinni & RPGMapshare down...

Post by Worg » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:13 pm

Anyone else noticed?

I know that Dundjinni is going through a server change. Anyone been in contact with Kepli or anyone else who might know something about it?

I was just chatting with Steel Rat on the RPGmapshare forums yesterday... Anyone able to contact him and find out what's going on?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:21 pm

Welcome, Worg.

Yes, the DJ is being moved to another server and hosting company at the moment. Should be back in a day or three.

As for rpgmapshare, I was on there just yesterday and it was fine, but now it's down. I hope it's just a short hiccup and is back online soon. I'd wager that Steel Rat is aware of the problem.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Worg
Cannon Fodder

Post by Worg » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:22 pm

Call me Wolfboy. You know me better by that name. I'd change it here if I hadn't already used this name to buy Battlegrounds (which I need to re-download and install).
Should be back in a day or three
The Dundjinni boards have been down since last Thursday. I'm a little concerned.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:44 pm

The DJ forums were in a bad state anyway. I don't mind a week of downtime as long as the forums get fixed on the new server.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:14 pm

RPGMapShare is back up. :D

Steel Rat's hard drive had filled up. I'm not surprised.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:34 pm

Don't worry too much about the DJ forums :D

Migrating the forums and the enormous amount of data from the forums database will take a while.

Worg
Cannon Fodder

Post by Worg » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:22 pm

Thanks for the update, Kepli.

Was just a surprise, so I was a little concerned.

Dormouse
General

Post by Dormouse » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:27 pm

Kepli wrote:Don't worry too much about the DJ forums :D

Migrating the forums and the enormous amount of data from the forums database will take a while.
And another 2+ weeks and still no DJ forums.
I know there's a lot of data involved, but I'd expect to do that sort of simple transfer in no more than a day. And redesigning the whole site structure and moving everything to different forum software need not take this long - and I've not seen any suggestion that there was anything so drastic going on.

Store being closed too won't be helpful to any income there still was. I've no idea what the economics of DJ are, but would have thought that the cost of the server and bandwidth for the site would be significant and not necessarily that much smaller than DJ's recent income - and there was no advertising on the site (iirc). It has to be a concern for the RPG community as a whole because DJ is (or was) a major repository of free RPG images and the CSUAC collection is offline too.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:06 am

Yeah, getting a bit worried myself. Haven't heard a peep. But I know that other stuff is going on in the background, so hopefully that is the reason why this is taking so long. I'll contact Mindy again to see if she can post something about this all ...