Microsoft Surface - D&D demo

A place for BRPG and BGE users to socialize
zWolf
Soldier

Microsoft Surface - D&D demo

Post by zWolf » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:10 am

I know I know, we are a good 3 to 5 years before the 12K price tag drops enough before the 'common man' can start thinking about integrating Microsoft Surface into Sunday night game night round the surface, but still...

I'm sure most of you have seen the/a demo vid of the surface being used in gaming of some sort or another, this video is fairly recent... (the post on kotaku says yesterday 12-16-09) and it shows the improvements that they have made.

Here is the link:

http://kotaku.com/5428356/dungeons--dra ... a-long-way

it's looking pretty cool, but the whole time I Saw this, I thought of Herucas Battlegrounds, and what playing board games would be like on here!

I mean heck he's half way to having it done already!!! Heruca, I think you stand to make millions if you play your cards right and get those board game deals sewn up so that you can distribute. :-P lock em in with Battlegrounds, with a 5 - 10 year plan of taking over the surface boardgames world!

T'will be awesome!

anyway, I just wanted to share the vid, I thought it was quite cool.

zWolf -out.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Re: Microsoft Surface - D&D demo

Post by Omnidon » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:01 am

zWolf wrote:get those board game deals sewn up so that you can distribute. :-P lock em in with Battlegrounds
heruca develops using Adobe Director. Unfortunately, Adobe hasn't been putting much effort in keeping Director up-to-date with modern technologies.

Flash is getting touch-screen support though, so that at least will probably make an appearance on the touchtables.