Surprising VT marketshare stats

A place for BRPG and BGE users to socialize
heruca
Developer

Surprising VT marketshare stats

Post by heruca » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:48 am

Wow! I was under the impression that KloogeWerks was the dominant player in the VT market, with the relative newcomer Fantasy Grounds striving to catch up. But I just saw that KW, for all the years it's been around, only has 306 users registered on its forums! FG unfortunately does not have forums that show the number of registered users, so it's kind of hard to gauge their userbase (I'd guess a couple of hundred).

OpenRPG & WebRPG, on the other hand, appear to have around 14370 register users (combined). What a difference "free" makes, huh? About 1000 of those users have over 25 posts to their name, so I figure they're actual users, not just forum browsers.

Then there's ScreenMonkey (at v1.5), with 243 registered users. I think they came on the scene in mid-2004.

So suddenly, BRPG having only 50 registered users doesn't sound all that bad, considering I haven't even released my 1.0 yet. :D
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Mind Flayer Monk
Sergeant

Post by Mind Flayer Monk » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:43 pm

I think BG will do really well once it gets going. Once we get games up and running I think we will have no problems reaching 300+ users!

MFM
--I must feed

smatt1001
General

Post by smatt1001 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:15 pm

The way things are going you should be in a good position to capture some market share

Now how about Bete 1.0.5 :wink:

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:18 pm

Working hard on it. Will be testing it with Halebop later tonight. If it goes well, it might be publicly available very soon.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Re: Surprising VT marketshare stats

Post by Omnidon » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:16 am

heruca wrote:So suddenly, BRPG having only 50 registered users doesn't sound all that bad
Yeah well the idea of a Floating License will definitely help expand the community more rapidly, since people will get hooked on it by their GMs.

Looking forward to the new beta :D