Script Error when launching BG

tls_56
Cannon Fodder

Script Error when launching BG

Post by tls_56 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:28 pm

I get the script error warning when launching the program and now cannot move the map using right click + drag or place figures/objects using the mouse. This is really irritating as I have a game coming up this evening!

Can anyone help? If it is relevant, I have just been sent new codes.

Thanks.

tls_56
Cannon Fodder

Post by tls_56 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:25 pm

I am running version 1.8b. I have tried downloading the program again and get the same problem. I have got an older version on a memory stick and everything works fine.

Help! :(

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:14 pm

What operating system are you on?
tls_56 wrote:I have tried downloading the program again and get the same problem.
Have you tried a clean copy in a fresh directory or did you just copy over the old directory?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:38 pm

If you are on a Mac, make sure that you have enabled the Preference setting to emulate right clicks (2nd prefs screen).

If that doesn't fix it, try changing the name of the executable, which will force the program to use default preference settings (in case you've got some bad preference setting that is messing things up).
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

tls_56
Cannon Fodder

PROBLEM SOLVED

Post by tls_56 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:36 am

Thanks very much for the replies. I am running on a windows PC.

I changed the name of the executable file and it seems to have done the trick!

Many thanks again. Crisis over!

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:08 am

The fact that this fixed it would seem to indicate that something was wonky with one of your Preferences files. It would be good to continue troubleshooting, now that the crisis is over, to determine exactly which file was causing the problem and why. Let me know if you feel like doing so.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.