Dice macro deletion

"How Do I...?"
Hypatia

Dice macro deletion

Post by Hypatia » Mon May 07, 2012 11:28 am

Dear Heruca,
It states in a previous forum answer that after version 1.4k there will be a way to selectively delete a dice macro from a unit. I have version 1.7d and cannot find it anywhere. I do not wish to keep deleting all macros as I have several I want to keep.

Also. for future consideration, it would be great if each die rolled could have it's own " look up on table" so that I could , for example roll a d100 to hit, a d8 for damage and have them both looked up in the same macro.

I use BGrpg as a VT and think it is splendid.

heruca
Developer

Re: Dice macro deletion

Post by heruca » Mon May 07, 2012 12:11 pm

Hypatia wrote:Dear Heruca,
It states in a previous forum answer that after version 1.4k there will be a way to selectively delete a dice macro from a unit. I have version 1.7d and cannot find it anywhere.
I think that never got implemented, but I keep getting requests for it, so I'll see if I can include that ability in the next update.
Hypatia wrote: I do not wish to keep deleting all macros as I have several I want to keep.
Email me the Encounter or Deployment, with a list of the dice macro names that you wish to keep. I'll edit the file in a word processor and send it back. It's a bit difficult to explain exactly what needs to be edited, so it is safer if I just do it you.
Hypatia wrote:Also. for future consideration, it would be great if each die rolled could have it's own " look up on table" so that I could , for example roll a d100 to hit, a d8 for damage and have them both looked up in the same macro.
But wouldn't the damage roll be irrelevant if the Hit roll misses? What would be neat is the ability to automatically trigger a second dice macro based on the first dice macro's result (e.g., if you get a critical hit or miss, automatically roll the appropriate follow-on dice macro; if you get a standard hit, automatically roll for damage, etc.).
Hypatia wrote:I use BGrpg as a VT and think it is splendid.
Thanks!
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Mon May 07, 2012 11:58 pm

heruca wrote:
It states in a previous forum answer that after version 1.4k there will be a way to selectively delete a dice macro from a unit. I have version 1.7d and cannot find it anywhere.
I think that never got implemented, but I keep getting requests for it, so I'll see if I can include that ability in the next update.
I've asked for it before, but I'll take this opportunity to second this request! :D

markuwp
General

Post by markuwp » Tue May 08, 2012 2:15 am

Kazander wrote:
heruca wrote:
I've asked for it before, but I'll take this opportunity to second this request! :D
Agreed! This would be a useful addition and would reduce frustration.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:35 am

heruca wrote:
Hypatia wrote:It states in a previous forum answer that after version 1.4k there will be a way to selectively delete a dice macro from a unit. I have version 1.7d and cannot find it anywhere.
You'll be glad to know that this feature is now implemented in BRPG v1.7f, which will be released soon.
Attachments
Delete Dice Macro.png
Delete Dice Macro.png (525.54 KiB) Viewed 5432 times
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

rab46
Captain

Post by rab46 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:56 pm

Heruca,

Will the ability to delete individual unit dice macros be incorporated into the next BGE update? I would find it useful.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:04 am

It might, if public interest in BGE increases. For the moment, I am not developing BGE v1.4.